QA In Progress Bruiser Epic 1.0 bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Obano, Oct 15, 2022.

1. Obano Well-Known Member

There is a proc on the Bruiser Epic 1.0 Fist of Goyrnn called "Strike of Anger" that does not seem to be applying CB, Fervor, Potency to it's calculated damage. Adding more potency and other stats does not affect the damage output. This seems to be a bug.
    Kodamungus, Ikuge, Sanshiro and 7 others like this.
  2. Obano Well-Known Member

Any update on this ability as this has been broken for almost a year.
  3. Obano Well-Known Member

Strike of anger is One thousand times weaker than my next weakest ability and million to 100 million times weaker than my mainline abilities. Stats are just not being applied to Strike of Anger correctly. Any basic testing can confirm this.

Parse based on killing random ^^^ trash in Eldar exchange. Solo buffed.
    [IMG]
    Kodamungus and Taled like this.
  4. Kodamungus Active Member

This is going to be a long post but I believe it is necessary to get to a proper long-term resolution on this and all abilities as it pertains to stats. Developer response would be appreciated if only to guide us on what is actually a bug vs what is working as intended, but perhaps needs to be reconsidered as feedback.

It's always been a mystery to me how stats really work, both what the community believes based on past testing with results becoming accepted beliefs vs what the descriptions literally state vs what's actually happening.

Attribute (STR/AGI/INT/WIS) - Increases your damage by x%
    Ability Mod - Your abilities will increase by x% up to 50% of their max in PVE combat and y% in PVP combat
    Potency - Your abilities will increase by x% in PVE combat and y% in PVP combat
    Crit Bonus - Your spells and abilities will crit x% harder
    Fervor - Your abilities will increase by x% after all other modifiers have been applied

Regardless of what's actually happening, these descriptions lead me to the following conclusions:

Attribute (STR/AGI/INT/WIS) - Should modify the tooltip value of the ability
    Ability Mod - Because there's a stated difference between PVE and PVP, that means the target determines the modifier so in combat upon use before any other combat modifiers.
    Potency - Because there's a stated difference between PVE and PVP, that means the target determines the modifier so in combat upon use before CB.
    Crit Bonus - Should modify the tooltip value upon use (in combat)
    Fervor - Last modifier including procs from buffs and/or items, in combat upon use.

Now let's compare Strike of Anger to Roundhouse XI as far as how the displayed damage changes as stats increase. I loaded an empty AA spec to test and modified the values by adding points in the Heroic tab as that's the easiest way to change each stat individually except Fervor without casting buffs or changing gear. To test Fervor, I use the Ascension buff to modify its value.

Attribute - adding 1 point to Attribute Prowess didn't change the damage or threat values of SoA but did increase the damage of Roundhouse.

Ability Mod - adding 1 point to Ability Aptitude didn't change the damage or threat values of SoA but did increase the damage of Roundhouse.

Potency - adding 1 point to Expertise didn't change the damage of threat values of SoA but did increase the damage of Roundhouse. PVE vs PVP doesn't matter nor is this value changed upon use.

Crit Bonus - adding 1 point to Critical Genius changed the damage and threat values of SoA and Roundhouse's damage. This is surprising as the ability hasn't been used to crit yet to even determine if legendary, fabled, or mythical CB is to be applied. I did confirm in ACT that the CB tiers do appear to be taking effect on the damage and threat of SoA, despite being woefully low overall as the OP pointed out.

Fervor - toggling the buff on changes the damage but NOT the threat of SoA and does change Roundhouse's damage.

Conclusions:

1. Strike of Anger absolutely is missing most modifiers as compared to a normal combat art. This supports the OP bug report.

2. Strike of Anger's base values are woefully low and haven't scaled with level cap increases over the years. The SK 1.0 Seething Hatred has very similar low numbers in ACT so I'm going to assume it is likely experiencing the same lack of stat boosting as well as poor scaling with current content. Could be a general issue with all Epic 1.0 abilities, but other classes will need to confirm if their 1.0s are useful.

3. How stats are applied to all class abilities and perform in combat needs to be explored as part of the nebulous combat mechanics system and is larger in scope than this bug report. At minimum, the descriptions need to be updated to reflect their intended behavior if the behavior is generally as intended. That way, players know what to expect when considering bugs vs feedback.
  5. Obano Well-Known Member

Some additional testing with stats. I put on my old familiar so I would have similar stats as a few days ago. The fists of fury AA change doesn't effect the tooltip but it definitely shows up on the parse.

[IMG] <- Stats ^^^

Parse from Eldar exchange shows that "Effectiveness" is Much better than fervor. It seems to be straight multiplicative rather than additive.

June 12th average hit on Hundred Hands: 916 Billion

June 14th average hit: 1,197 Billion

That is a straight 30% multiplicative power increase in terms of the delta. If effectiveness was additive like fervor then it would have only been a 2.3% power increase because adding 30 fervor when I already have 1300 fervor is basically nothing. (30 / 1300 = 2.3%) What this means is the ability has gained the equivalent of 360 fervor and it will scale to be even more with future expansions.

[IMG]