Bruiser: back after 5 years, little direction.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by SenjinBrawl, Aug 26, 2017.

1. SenjinBrawl New Member

Hey there fellow bruisers. I've missed a lot in 5 years....started playing at release.
    I was wondering if I could get a couple of good recent links regarding "new" bruiser info.

I was a raid geared 92 OT/Dps raiding bruiser 5 years ago. I'm just getting back into the game again...or at least going to give it a try. I still have my characters and gear in tact.

There's a ton of new AA's I don't know anything about. I went ahead and championed him to 95 with the legend gear...not sure if that's better than my 92 raid gear or not, but I assume it is? Where can I get good info on the latest bruiser AA builds for Ot/dps? I have my old builds still stored in my mirror - or so I think :p but any direction would be appreciated. I believe I'm on the Halls/Fate server now - used to be on Unrest.

I also have a raid geared 92 swash...but was going to concentrate on my Brawler since my play time will be less than it used to.

In-game character name - Senjin
  2. Vokan Well-Known Member

The game has changed since then. Not just bruisers or any other class, but the game itself. Some for the better, some for the worse. I would recommend finding a thread that contains everything that a new players has to do to get up to speed. Decide if you want to do that, and then go about it in a reasonable fashion. I assume you did your epic 1.0 (not ER), and have your city quests lines done. I would read the fighter epic 2.0 and see if you have any of the pre-reqs finished. Other than those things, nothing that you had is worth anything any more.
  3. Meilay Active Member

SENJIN, i am on HoF, shoot me a tell sometime and I can work with you.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

oooh cool another bruiser main with really good stats :)

I was always looking for a better geared bruiser than me .. and can tell u .. it's quite hard (not that I'm the best .. but because so few main bruisers)

gonna check your toon :D
  5. SenjinBrawl New Member

Will do Meilay! Thanks for the responses folks! I"m still setting up my hotbars. Lost all my UI. Anyone have a ui file I can grab :p?
  6. Furycai Member

Hey Senjin,
    Not to discourage you but I came back after a 6 year break this past October. It's a long road, shorter if you have some good people to help, like Meilay there. He has helped me a lot recently.

I'm going to say to not rush to end game content and follow the epic 2.0 timeline as well. There is some really cool content that you will really enjoy if you don't push to 100 and beyond. The timelines will likely get you to 100 while giving you gear upgrades necessary to advance. With the mercenaries you can go at your own pace with any class and have a lot of fun. Just note that mercenaries do reduce experience gain so use them wisely, if you are indeed trying to level quickly.

I switched to DarqUI recently and am still exploring it so unfortunately I can not help much.

You can look me up as well (also on HoF), I'd be happy to help out if you get into a jam but Meilay has a ton more experience and knowledge than I.
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

8. Furycai Member

Hey Rosy,
    The plethora of types of experience in this game is befuddling me. I'm sure that the ascension experience is or was significantly reduced when running around with a merc by your side. When I was grinding the advanced solos a few months ago I tested them with and without a merc and saw that I gained somewhere in the range of 40% more ascension experience without the merc. I didn't pay so much attention to Tithe but I think it is also reduced in a similar way. So I guess when leveling it may not stunt you, but in my experience, no pun intended, it will slow advancement down in other ways. Maybe they were changed recently but I sure was not playing when Mercs rolled out or when the change was made. I'd encourage everyone to test it out themselves. I'll double check the Tithe since it's the only metric I'll be able to test at this point.
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Hmm... interesting, Fury. Thanks for replying. Supposedly mercs were changed a few years ago to not pull xp - sounds as though they are pulling xp from kinds that were created after that change, that is, Tithe & Ascension. I think I'll ask a dev in Discord.

Edit: Queried @Caith in Discord.