Bruiser and monk on TLE

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Baltazarr, Nov 4, 2022.

1. Baltazarr Member

In short:
    1/ swap brawlers TSO endlines with their respective endlines from the left prestige tree
    2/ make bruiser great again, joke aside making changes to a single bruiser defensive spell

1/
    A few years ago, the TSO AA endlines for bruiser and monk were swapped with their respective endlines from the left side prestige AA tree. For bruiser “Impenetrable Will” and “Martial Leap” swapped places, for monk “Bob and Weave” and “Winds of Salvation” swapped places.
    It would like to know if this can be reverses to what it used to be for the following reasons:
    1. It will not affect live servers because nowadays guardians, berserkers, shadowknights and paladins can reach the end of the left side prestige tree without having to spend all their points into the left side prestige tree.
    2. It greatly affects the desirability of brawlers on TLE servers because they are the only fighters with only 1 strong defensive spell (Tsunami for monk and Unyielding Resolve for bruiser) in TSO while all other fighters have at least 2 strong defensive spells (some like SK even have 3).
    This issue was already raised a few years back by Adoninilol.

2/
    As you may know bruiser is probably the least played class in the game (not even talking about fighter classes). While there is a lot of misconception regarding bruiser, they are certainly not as bad as people might think, however their desirability could be increased simply by modifying one of their defensive spells.

Indeed while monk and bruiser have very similar if not equal defensive spells (most of them are shared AAs), there is the case of Unyielding Resolve (epic weapon/epic repercussion spell) and its monk counterpart Tsunami. Tsunami lasts two times longer (20 seconds compared to 10 seconds) and has half the recast time of Unyielding Resolve (180 seconds compared to 360 seconds). In other words, Tsunami is 4 times more potent than Unyielding Resolve. Could you make Unyielding Will comparable to Tsunami in that regards?

You could double the duration and halve the recast of Unyielding Resolve, quadruple its duration and leave the recast as is or leave the duration as is and divide the recast by 4. I like the 3rd option the best to be honest. It’s not a simple copy/paste from Tsunami and it does not makes bruiser invincible for too long.
  2. Heccie Thump Member

Unyielding Resolve is not our equivalent spell to Tsunami. Monks have Tsunami now, but we don't get UR until we finish Epic Repercussions in a couple of expansion's time. The bruiser spell that is supposed to be our parallel spell to Tsunami is Stone Deaf, the three trigger magical stoneskin on any damage over 10% max HP, which is on a faster recast than Tsunami and is still very useful.

Don't get me wrong, Tsunami has a load more utility than Stone Deaf, being a full 20 sec (at Master level) immunity to damage and I would rather have that, but if we could get the reuse time on Stone Deaf dramatically reduced, or the trigger count and duration increased, then that would be an acceptable compromise to me.
  3. Baltazarr Member

I know Unyielding Resolve is from our epic weapon…
    That’s silly just because we get tsunami and stone deaf in the same expansion doesn't mean stone deaf is tsunami’s equivalent
    Btw tsunami is level 55 while stone deaf is level 52 so I'm not even sure what your logic is.

Unyielding resolve is Tsunami’s equivalent, just have a look:
    [IMG]
  4. Heccie Thump Member

My logic is that it is one of the three spells we get in DoF, same as Tsunami, and is a tanking temp, same as Tsunami, and because the lvl 55 Sonic Punch is clearly not even close to Tsunami as a comparable ability. Unyielding Resolve only becomes available two expansions later and after completing a long questline. Of the three new abilities we get in DoF, Monks get one temporary damage immunity, a ward and a group FD, while Bruisers get Stoneskins, immunity to control effects and a ranged interrupt attack.

Unyielding Resolve was given as an extra reward for Epic Repercussion (Monks get one less reward than Bruisers) to maybe try to bring the tanking abilities closer to parity because at the time Bruisers were perceived to be lagging behind all other tanks in tanking temps and their rotation meant they really struggled to tank raid bosses properly.

I like the way bruisers work. I have had the opportunity to betray many times over the years but never have. If you want to have abilities identical to a Monk, become a Monk. Personally I like that we are different, but if I was offered a reduction in reuse time of Stone Deaf, or an increase in trigger count, I would take it and be happy.

And btw, I know that the chart above is for buffing yourself, but Bruisers get a version of the Monk's AA stoneskin Superior Guard, called Soak Hit (it even has the same icon) but it is used to stoneskin an ally instead, so I personally wouldnt cross reference Superior Guard with Stone Deaf (SD lasts three times longer and has three triggers)
  5. Baltazarr Member

Ofc the chart above is about buffing yourself, i'm not arguing about bruiser support capabilities but about their tanking capabilities because they are lagging behind monks. I love bruiser too it's just that monk is better and there is no incentive to play bruiser over monk. If soak hit was so amazing why is bruiser the least played tank class maybe even the least played class in the game. You're entitled to your opinion I strongly disagree.

In any case what is you take on my first point?
  6. DENSER Well-Known Member

well if, for inexpensive masters, the originality of not being a monk precisely, the desire to show that bruiser is indeed a good tank..
    And above all the desire to no longer see these posts , because everyone knows it, the devs will always make an effort to add a skin, mounts etc to buy at the store, but nothing in terms of class adjustment and that's been a fact for years

with all the ideas, laid, seen for more than 2 years on the forum, proposed by the players and the total disinterestedness by the devs, without any answers, you have to get an idea .
  7. Heccie Thump Member

Point 1 is pretty sound. I don't know anyone who actually ever chose Martial Leap as an option. I would much rather have Impenetrable Will at TSO. There's still quite a way to go for Varsoon server to get to TSO so fingers crossed the Devs have a good think about it between now and then.

Btw, I wasn't suggesting Soak Hit is amazing - just pointing out it sits beside the Monk's Superior Guard. I don't have any points in it on my main on the Live servers, nor do I have any intention of getting it on Varsoon server when it becomes available.

Monk gets better tank buffs because the Monk was always considered the tanky of the two brawlers. Bruiser was always the damage dealer, and on Varsoon I think that is the case. Live servers are a whole other story, a story where Monks are the favourite and get all the good buffs and Bruisers are truly left on the sideline. All the tanks are capable of tanking Heroic content and ofc the tanky tanks are better at it, and naturally the tanky tanks get chosen to tank raids. What bruisers are capable of doing is going for damage and picking up DPS slots in groups.