Bruiser and monk DPS

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Kavar, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Kavar New Member

My question is pretty simple are bruiser and monks viable dps late game? And which one is better currently?
  2. Silzin Active Member

Well are you talking about a pure dps class/non tanking. or are you talking about there is when tanking?

If you mean there dps as a nontanking dps.... dont play a tank in reckless just play a scout and dps on them.

If you mean there dps as a tank, we do fine. I can not tank anything other then.... just about nuthing in reckless, but i can tank in O stance and get into the top 4-8 on parse most of the times.
  3. Kavar New Member

I mean can they ever be used as just a DPS class in a grp?
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Yes, just most players do not run 2 tanks in a group. That is what Reckless was designed for I think.
  5. Silzin Active Member

Yes, but in most groups u will be asked to tank anyway or not let in as just a dps. most groups will let you in if you are all raid geared out but will take a non reckless dps over you if the option is there. also there are group and raid fights that you just will not be able to be reckless for since you will die every 20-30 sec's and out of reckless your dps will drop.
  6. Malleria Well-Known Member

Short answer is no. Long answer is yes, but you have to be severely overgeared and find a group willing.
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

Yep, I can get into groups as a dps with my Guardian only because my Guardian does 250-400K dps. Problem is I end up tanking anyway because... duh Guardians doing that much dps are hate machines (and I have 45% Hate Mod self buffed XD)

As said by myself and others; you CAN get into a group as dps but usually only if you are out dpsing most normal geared dpsers.
  8. Icejo Member

A side ? I guess ...How do they both do in BG"s