Brought the new Expansion, got TLE adventure pack instead

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Bheru, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Bheru New Member

Hi,

Here's my problem :

I brought the new Expansion Standard Edition on Oct 2nd and then i logged in game to claim the Altar preorder item, i got the TLE adventure pack items instead.

When i saw the items wasnt the right ones i asked guildmates who told me they got the Altar and then i knew something wasn't right and petitioned to get the TLE adventure pack and Expansion switched back since the prices are the same.

My petition ( [Incident: 151004-000340] ) went through multiple answers but The Support invoke the "no refund policy" and can't respond favorably to my petition since the items were claimed on a live server, not even on the TLE...

Of course i claimed the items by mistake, thinking i would get the expension pre-order bonus item : Altar of the Ancients. How could i know i was getting the TLE items instead ? ( I'm not an english native speaker and the items werent translated yet on my server. )
    I still got the potions and the bag on my character, never intended to use them or to claim them on another character.

The Support told me to contact Daybreak Game Accounts Administrator by email. I emailed him to know if he could do what i asked since the start of the petition : to delete the items in my character inventory and remove the TLE Adventure Pack from my account and then add the Expension Standard Edition.

The emailed was sent on Oct 9th and no answer since...

I'm a loyal paying customer since the start of the game, never petitioned for account related stuff. I just want the Expansion Standard Edition, i dont have any use for the TLE items. I still have hope to find a resonable solution otherwise i will be forced to cancel my All Access subscription and stop playing since Daybreak dont seem to care about their customers/players.

Thanks.
    XwXwX and Areos like this.
  2. thaamm New Member

3. Adevil Well-Known Member

Seems to me that at one point after the pre-orders became available a number of players received the TLE pack instead of the SE.

Not sure exactly where it was being discussed. Hopefully someone else can point you to the thread that discussion took place in so that you can see how it was being resolved at that time. If nothing else, once you know where that tread is, you should be able to point Customer Service to it and say it's a known issue, please fix like it was fixed for those players.

Edit: There were also a number of players who purchased the wrong pre-order package, but that was another issue.

Another thought. If your account history says you purchased the SE (not sure if package is specified or just the transaction amount), then Customer Support should be able to check that, and verify that you received the incorrect package.
  4. Dayahnya Drejan Alti'Ui New Member

5. Adevil Well-Known Member

Don't think so. He ordered on October 2, which is when that problem existed IIRC.
  6. XwXwX New Member

It's a shame nothing have been done for you yet ! It shouldnt be really hard to swap two products of the same price :(

Players who preordered early got the TLE pack instead of the SE, this is the post about the bug : https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/pre-order-bugged.563989

I know a guy who got affected by this bug, he even claimed the TLE items on a live server since he got the discovery and got the TLE pack switched with the Standard Edition.
  7. Areos New Member

Still nothing ? It's probably too hard for DB to swap the TLE edition to the standart Edition....
  8. Heinzy Active Member

I thought DBG sacked their billing support and replaced it with a buyer be ware msg instead.
    I could be wrong though.
    Juraiya and Feldon like this.
  9. Bheru New Member

Yeah, that thread was linked in my petition and i even explained the whole situation that occured to some early buyers but the support refuse to do anything since i claimed the TLE pack ( by mistake on my live server character, i'm not a native english speaker and the TLE pack wasnt translated on my server ) and send me to Daybreak Accounts Administrator.

Since my 1st post nothing changed, 15+ days and no answer from Daybreak Accounts Administrator...
    Juraiya and XwXwX like this.
  10. XwXwX New Member

you explained the situation very well, and Daybreak could fix it pretty quickly but they dont seem to have time / care about the playerbase much.

not having a direct phone support really blow :eek: