Broker Set LIMITS... IS IT A BUG or EXPLOIT???

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Forestchild, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Category: Interface
    Subcategory: Other
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Zone: Dirtnappin Powerhogs' Fortress of Drunder Guild Hall
    Character: Level 125 Mystic

Summary: Broker price Limit and pricing????
    Description: Good day to you.

So according to the update notes:
    Items over the maximum broker price have been unlisted from the broker.

When I logged into the server after the update was over, I checked the broker and did indeed see that things were unlisted.

BUT NOW... you see things again (Krono for 4B) listed above the max selling Price.

Can we get a clarification on what the minimal set price is?? I tried to set things, anything both in customs UI and Default UI. and I can't listed anything ABOVE 50M. it defaults to that..

So HOW ARE PLAYERS LISTED THINGS FOR 55M AND UP????

PLEASE HELP US OUT ON THIS???
  2. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Did you try DarqUI? That one had custom settings for broker prices.
    Forestchild likes this.
  3. Forestchild Well-Known Member

I have tried the default, darqUI and ProfitUI. All default to 50M..
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

So you're saying that you're once again seeing kronos being sold for 4 billion? The patch notes merely delisted everything above 50M. The thing about being delisted is that you can instantly just put it back up with the click of a button-- you would only have to reprice it if you actually removed it from the broker and then placed it back in.
    Forestchild likes this.
  5. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Yes someone on Madjul had 9 kronos for sale at 4 bil (after the patch)/GU update).
  6. Forestchild Well-Known Member

you know I didn't think of that. You are correct, in saying that if they just delisted the items for the update, but didn't clear the price. then the player could just use the "/vendor_list_inventory_all".

They should have removed it from the broker then. Oh well they tried. of course I didn't see the other items that was for 100m or more, ONLY thing that I was seeing and apparently others as well. was Kronos. Maybe there is a exploit associated with Kronos only?? Don't know.

But by doing this bug report maybe they will investigate more.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Really old listings were not delisted. Now if you list stuff, it delists after whatever the time period is, but ancient listings sit here like unflushed ____.
    Twyla likes this.
  8. Melkior Well-Known Member

That isn't consistent with this week's patchnotes:

GENERAL
    • Items over the maximum broker price have been unlisted from the broker.
    Forestchild likes this.
  9. Taled Well-Known Member

The issue is that the 'list all items' button doesn't check the items price. So any items that were listed before don't have their prices reset and can be relisted using the button or command. It's (theoretically) a temporary issue due to the bug with this command.
    Forestchild and Melkior like this.
  10. Melkior Well-Known Member

Yep, thanks, I get that. I was just confused when Sig said the items weren't delisted. I was thinking she missed the patch note when she said that so that's why I pasted it here. I guess I just misunderstood what she was trying to say.
    Forestchild likes this.