***BROKEN--Daily Adorning Tasks

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Belenos, May 8, 2015.

1. Belenos Well-Known Member

The daily adorning tasks are broken, and seem to have been since the tinkering and transmuting tasks were added to Londiar Inygad. At least they are in Neriak. Londiar no longer gives the mats to be used to make the adornments--only the recipe and nothing else. I had read that a fix for a few things was supposed to go in last patch, but this did not get fixed.

The quest is just called "Daily Adorning"
    It gives a recipe for Adornment of Guarding (Greater)
    When I pull up that recipe at a workbench, this is what I see:

Infusion of Faith [0] should be [11]
    2 Warding Powder [0] should be [22]
    2 Protective Fragment [0] should be [22]
    1 Lambent Coal [378] I supply this one, just as before.

So, until this is fixed, it is impossible to do Daily Adorning quests, at least at my level.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

So you're getting the recipe and not a box? Instead of the recipe auto-scribing and getting a box you need to right-click on to get the mats out of?
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten the recipe since this week's patch - it's been autoscribing just as the patch notes said it would.

Edit: Something I haven't tested since the Tinkering & Transmuting quests hit live is the bug where handing in the Transmuting quest causes the quest giver to take back the adorning mats if you unpacked the box, but haven't made the adornments.
  4. Laraden Member

I'm getting the opposite. three days I've picked up all 3 dailies. I get the boxes on all 3. I get the recipe autoscribed for tinkering.
    I do not in any way get a recipe (autoscribed or otherwise) for adorning. I can complete the tinkering and the transmuting just fine, but end up dropping the adorn because I have no recipe.
  5. Belenos Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I'll have to check my inventory for a box--this is the first I have heard about that--always before the recipe and mats popped into your bag. The recipe now auto-scribes, but there were no mats showing when I opened a session at the workbench. If the mats "do not exist" until unpacked from some box now, that could be the problem. My bags always contain enough junk to easily lose a box, especially when I had no idea I should be looking for one. But then, I have to ask, why the bloody hell are they now coming in a box in the first place? KISS principle, people! Learn it, Live it, Love it!!
    flameweaver likes this.
  6. Belenos Well-Known Member

Mermut, you are right--there was a box of mats in the inventory of my higher-level adorner, but my lower-level one deleted the quest so as to retake it (thinking "bug") and although I have the recipe in my book still, I guess the box of mats disappeared when I deleted the quest, as there are none there! Old Lonny won't give me the quest again either after I deleted it, so I guess that character can wait another day for it to reset--again.

But what is the reason for putting them in a box in the first place? Makes no sense to me, like this:
    "We are going to make the recipe auto-scribe so you do not have to open your bags and hunt for it, but we are going to package the loose mats in a box so you still have to open your bags and hunt for them instead." :confused:
  7. Strings Well-Known Member

I think they're doing the box because if you take all three quests you'd get 16 new items in your inventory suddenly, which is alot if your inventory is full
  8. Marsias New Member

I have the same issue as Laraden - I get the adorning mats but don't have the recipe. Tried for three days now.
  9. Blackadder Member

Likewise with no recipe...it says i receive the recipe, but it is not in the book
    Tried everything
    Stood at the work bench, show hidden ticked, unfiltered and type Guard or Guarding or adornment of guarding...nothing
    Step away from the bench, open recipe book, type the above and a manual search with my eyes and nothing...
    Kind of frustrating
    Also tried deleting the quest and taking it again, nothing
    Transmute and tinkering work fine from the same guy
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I've posted about this issue as well as /bug it. My workaround was two-fold. On the characters that this happened to (both are 100 level crafter) I undid their aa specs, disrobed them of any buffs then I grabbed the adorning only. Completed that (finally showed recipe) turned it in and then picked up the tinkering and transmuting.

After I got to 15/500 adorning (arbitrarily chose this skill level) I grabbed all three and recipe showed up fine. Something is wonky on the lower (1-9 skill for adorning) and recipe not showing up (at least for me).
  11. Laraden Member

I went and raised my adorning to ~15-20 ish myself and the daily recipe started applying correctly.
    Also a 100 crafter. So, would appear that it is an issue with 1-9