Bring back the Face slot with Masks, and calss-specific solo instances

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Jrkh8er, Mar 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Jrkh8er Guest

I have a couple ideas that could be interesting in a future expansion... 1. Bring back the Face slot from EQ1, and include Masks. Some masks are merely cosmetic, and some just give stats, but also included could be Illusion-granting masks, pacification masks (Makes a certain race non-aggro to you), clebration masks (Halloween?), and even masks that grant extra visions (Infravision for a human, Aquavision for a kerra...). Also, we can always have a /showmask command if you get a particularly ugly one. 2. Class-specific solo instances (Note: by "class", I mean Mage/Fighter/Priest/Scout, not Swash/Necro/Pally, etc.). Have some solo instance quests be only available to one class, because each instance require's that class' skills. Examples: A priest could be fighting alongside NPCs and healing them, or healing lost NPCs scattered around the zone; scouts can do recon, sabotage, or assassination; and fighters can slaughter their way through a zone to rescue NPC comrades. Even better: Group instances where the group is seperated according to classes, and they have to fight (or sneak) their way through class-specific scenarios in order to regroup. Comments?
  2. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

1. If they added a new slot, they would need another one to even out how the inventory ui looks. 2. There are masks in game, like that one heritage quest one in nek castle. 3. It would interefere w/ your hats/helms and maybe hoods, that is...if it has some sort of display. Pretty much summed it up. I'd like it as well, in EQI you could have them, but this is a diff. game. drago
  3. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

[p]These are not 'bad' ideas...but wearing mask's i think would be very hard to accomplish, since it's still difficult to get all the 'class' hats working properly with all character models. Not to mention armor graphics and the like.[/p][p]They used to have 'class' specific quests before KoS. There used to be archtypes and subclass quests. You would start out as a Scout...at level 9 do a series of quests to go into your Subclass profession (Rogue, Bard, Predator), then at level 19 do another series of quests (that included instances only for your class), before you could go into your final profession (Ranger, Assassin, Brigand, Swash, Troub, Dirge).[/p][p]All that was done away with...but I believe some of the quests are still available to you at low levels...[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Jrkh8er Guest

I know about that; I've been playing since launch, almost. I'm talking about quests/instances that use each class' specific abilities. And I didn't know about the profession hat problems, or I probably wouldn't have suggested masks.
  5. ARCHIVED-Waung Guest

i'm not sure if the class specific instances would work. even in the groups, there is ALOT of disparity, unless these quests require only the most basic of skills, like sneak, heal, and taunt. for instance, a troubadour doing an assassination mission versus an assassin. you think the troub is gonna get through that since the instance will most likely be set up for dps scouts? but yeah the face slot would be nice, they could always just double up the forearms slot like they did earrings. i know i'd love to stack my excarnate and crescent moon forearms :p