Bring Aspect of the Brood to Everquest II !

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaennara, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Lasai Well-Known Member

The solitary figure, clad in the Horned Helm of Barbarian Heritage, didn't move as the fire breath bounced off her insanely enchanted Resist Fire armor. She leaned back and bellowed out a strange 3 syllable shout.. forcing the Dragon out of the air and grounding it helplessly.

Wait. Time out. WTF was that.

A dragonshout. How did you not know that?

How. That.. impossible! Who..how did you get here!

Where is here? I've never seen this part of Tamriel. Your elves are kind of pretty. Orcs are more bad tempered though. I was in Sovengaard, Tsun was going to send me home after I murdered the boss dragon, but.. I think he missed.

Murdered? A dragon? sovenwhaat??

Yeah it's what I do. Dragonborn! Except that mostly means I'm really really good at Dragon killing. Kinda bored with it though, so you got to live a while. Times Up!!!!

WAIT!! I'm not really...

FUS..

Do not want. Respect the lore.
  2. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I like that one. it fits very well with Vyemn's personality and traits, and a 'constructed' and 'improved' Aerakyn does fit with how he would work. so this...variant, of the Aerakyn, judging from the backstory, has a 'were-dragon' kind of feel, as the dragonic parts used in the reconstruction can in effect force it's own form and shape on the mortal frame.

see it's thinking outside the box, but does keep in tune with the lore of the world. the Droag were such an experiment from Vyemn, after all. a dragon/humaniod hybrid. it isn't unbelievable or far fetched that when confronted with the Aerakyn, that he wouldn't try to improve on it, or torture and twist it to be his own minion, and not Kerafyrm's.

that's the kinda story I can see a dragon illusion making sense in. and the type of player that would probably use hte form sparingly and in manners that would work with the world's lore. I ish there were a lot more that too that much consideration into things other then 'I want a neat illusion form cause I do.'
    Kaennara likes this.
  3. Lasai Well-Known Member

Ok, interesting story. Does not give other players any chance to deal with you, or the power you assumed.

Does not explain why you are interacting peaceably with the human denizens of Norrath, much less knitting mittens.

Good story, not good RP. You put a mantle on and assumed power granted by Lord Vyemm and then assume Dragon form to back it up. Anyone that roleplays with you has to assume the same, or walk away.

Pardon. My opinion, but Godmodding. Clever...but. Ok with a circle of friends in on the plot. but no way in open world or Free Form. I annoy a lot of this type of roleplayer, but I don't do scripted roleplay meant to explain or enable power or status impossible in normal lore. You are, in effect, writing new lore and giving other roleplayers no choices of their own in that context.

Just as my silly story Forces that Tamriel exists, that I have strange and uncounterable powers, I can be immune to whateva you got, and a Demigod has the power to pop me into whatever realm I want to be in. Not good RP.

(also that I can Speak Like a Dragon without doing the quest.. because Reasons)

OFC you are free to RP how you wish.. but understand there are limits others will accept. I still draw the line at Dragon illusions, as they force themselves without consideration.
  4. Lasai Well-Known Member

Bear in mind.. my most enjoyable roleplay was on Cimmeria..an AoC FFA PvP-RP server where sometimes RP was settled in a brutal, text free manner using only those powers the game gave us.

Only your own guild was not targetable.. and tbh, I got temporarily guild kicked and killed more than once because my Guild leader had to make a point clear to me.
  5. Kaennara Member

Adding to my story: Kaennara is not a giant dragon like vyemm. She is much smaller and weaker. She has draconic strength and all, but her trauma has made her less likely to use it unless she was seriously enraged. I am not god modding, I am limiting Kaennara's power. Rainmare is correct referring to using their draconic form sparingly. Kaennara does. BUT, if there was that option, it would be truly incredible.

I am not intending to write new lore, I am intending to give my character her "wings" (pun intended). So it did not effect lore, this operation was low key and only ICLY known by a few friends of Kae's that rescued her. If anyone asks, she only tells a tiny part of it, for the experience traumatized her greatly. She has insecurities which has watered down her ability to be powerful.

There are many ways to weave a story and RP that can fit the dragon illusion, it doesn't even have to be dragon roleplayers. Either way, I see this as an opportunity for RP all over the community to blossom, whether people see it or not.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  6. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Kae, you seem to be a good writer. Unfortunately I have seen people rp as the queen of Freeport or the power behind Lucan, and Lucan is just their puppet. I've seen other claim to be tens of thousands of years old. No dragon shouts yet though lol, Skyrim hasn't shown up when I've been in Norrath.

I gave up on rp due to the sheer amount of what in the heck lore is this type rp. I got tired of being told I should be grateful to be beside a queen/goddess who also happens to be a weaponsmith/lord of all vampires who strangely enough makes provisioning his focus/ the half blood son of one of the Dar dragons and will inherit all of Norrath. I am not even joking. I simply had no reply to them because they insisted on their story as a universal truth in a world where none of us are queens, gods, or Harla Dar's other other kid.

They may have had good stories but they were invented at best and outright lore crushing at worst.

Your personal information sounds logical, and it's likely much like the Aerekyn suffered. I think your tale would make a great book, but in our lore you might be closer to Norrathian history to be an Aerekyn than a full on dragon. I liked your writing, and it was really well done. On a more open site, like a freeform high magic rp board, you would certainly be someone interesting to write with. I admire your work. Your control and execution without sugar coating is lovely.

I enjoyed your post very much. Makes me wish we had an rp area on the boards.
  7. Kaennara Member

Thank you for your kind words! I will be honest and say I had help from a truly magnificent writer who plays. His name is Gannor. He is a true more expert of Norrath and has been playing Everquest since it first came out. He has helped me create this RP.

I 100% understand the stress of peppe le playing as gods and goddesses, sons of kerafyrm, etc etc. this is why I chose to have this dragon be created this way. No parent dragon, just on her own.

As for the fact it sounds like an aerakyn rather than a dragon, you are correct and incorrect on this.

Kaennara is technically a Drak'Dal with the ability to transform into a dragon. A dragon is a semi divine creature which has the ability to shapeshift, but only rely on that Semi divine power in the body and soul. Since Kaennara's is attuned to the dragon, she has access to that ability, though it is considered discomforting for her at times.

Anywho, I just want to point that out.

I have to thank Gannor, who is a shissar roleplayer and executes it very well to help me set this up. From what I am told, he likes the dragon illusion idea too if it is controlled. Hopefully this story has changed the views of some people now :)
    Avahlynn likes this.
  8. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

You have impressed me. I am happy to admit when I'm wrong, and you've given me a lot to think on. And your friend and you seem to be very thoughtful and talented writers. (I'd love to see your writing too, Gannor!) I am a voracious reader. :)

Thanks for sharing, Kae.
    Kaennara likes this.
  9. Gannor New Member

My writing is fairly uninteresting. The only thing of real note I've written is an essay on the biology of Iksar, and why I frimly believe they are crocodilian, rather than squamate lizards or saurians.
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I think of them more as alligators, to be honest. Those make some great boots! *runs off giggling into the shadows as her leather boots make iksar sounding protesting squeaks*
  11. Kaennara Member

So, there are ways to respect the lore and be a dragon. Whether a dragon or have learned such an illusion from lots of practice icly, it is possible. The illusion is capable of being a very popular item. With the number of generic dragon model skins, everyone could have lots of options!

Devs, let's try it! Use it on the test server if you have to. I am more than happy to help test it out. Surely there will be others like me who will love to test it out AND see it through.
  12. Kaennara Member

EVEN IF WE HAVE TO WAIT FOREEEEVERS !! :O
  13. Bazinix Member

Agreed!
  14. Kaennara Member

Can I get a Rawr from my dragon lovers (and roleplayers?! :D
  15. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Rawr! (But I still kill guards in Qeynos!)
  16. Bazinix Member

RAWR-YEAH!
  17. Bazinix Member

*BUMPS TOPIC WITH TITANIC MIGHT* (My character)

[IMG]
  18. Kaennara Member

Err, MORE RAWRS! Should totally be a thing at some point. /sagenod
  19. Kaennara Member

Bumpy bump bump.
  20. Kaennara Member

So, I see no more arguments on this topic. Perhaps it could be something to be worked on?