Bring all the servers up at the same time. Do not discriminate.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Pimmy, Dec 5, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

General_Info wrote:
    Oh dear, we'd best pass the hat around then.
  2. ARCHIVED-Queaden Guest

Pimmy@Splitpaw wrote:
    Depends on their infrastrutuce and how they update it - I mean, do the servers go and fetch the update or?
    But true enough - they could copy the data in advance, if the window is too narrow they should bump back patch day to Wednesdays then or something.
    I see your point, but I'm just thinking it's not so much discrimination... maybe bad planning.
    I don't play on Euro servers - but you guys are on the exact same time frame for the patch? Not sure why they wouldn't just delay the whole process..
    If it was my call, I'd update US servers at 7AM Pacific and then do the Euro Servers around 7AM GMT. Then it would be more fair and the US server would have bene done hours ago and not even be a factor in that time frame.
  3. ARCHIVED-Merker Guest

Wow. Y'all do realize this is just a game right? I mean I have been playing since 1999 starting on Everquest and, still, I'm amazed at how so many go off the deep-end to get their fix. RELAX, find something else to do in the meantime. Anybody who is that bored really should consider getting out in the world or finding more constructive things to do with their time when they CAN'T get on EQ. Their is life outside of the game you know, why not come out and join us every now and then. The guys at SOE are just doing their jobs, there is no "preferential" treament.
  4. ARCHIVED-Hilt Guest

Pimmy@Splitpaw wrote:
    I LOL'ed...
  5. ARCHIVED-Banedon_Toran Guest

Wizgian@Runnyeye wrote:
    They once offered double SC for buying and redeeming non-USD SC topup cards, how many times have they offered double SC for buying USD SC topup cards at a time when they only shipped the cards to shops in USA?
    Tell me also where I can buy the Walmart equivalent 1500SC + 500 bonus SC cards in Europe...

Back to the top in hand... given the delays I suspect international servers won't be much further behind those based in the US. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if all the servers are patched and ready, and they are still updating player accounts to the new subscription system.
  6. ARCHIVED-Banedon_Toran Guest

Crillus@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    You do realise that 7am Pacific is later than 7am GMT... although if you're arguing that International servers should be patched before US that's a different matter.
  7. ARCHIVED-attreus Guest

Being a janitor in an IT building doesnt make you an authority.
    I DEMAND that you go outside for the day.... This is a GAME.. not real life
  8. ARCHIVED-MrWolfie Guest

It would be nice if they did keep all servers locked until the last one is ready, and let it be known that the entire US is being kept waiting on the sole EU one. I think we'd see some "demands" from the other side of the pond then...
  9. ARCHIVED-insano19t Guest

kinda strange that the euro's are demanding to have there servers be brought up before anyone else's.. what makes them so special to have it done.. wait like everyone else please.. kkthxbai!
  10. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-08 Guest

I am closing this thread down because it is not constructive.