Brilliant suggestion for a plat sink...

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, May 25, 2023.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

...from a returning player named Mysticnyte over on Skyfire! To wit: make a Token available or Coin or something that we could buy for plat that could be "cashed in" for Status. Like at a rate of 1 pp/100 Status or such. :)

Having to get things from NPC merchants that we can't then sell back to them or put on the Broker would be the way to get the blasted extra plat out of circulation, and help a lot with Status, especially for low pop Guild Halls. :-/

Uwk
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Granted, I'm not sure how that would work, precisely; I'll leave that up to the techs. ;->

But it should be something that could either be done in a Guild Hall, or add to our personal Status, which we could then plonk into the Guild Hall, say I. ;->

Uwk
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Zhevally Well-Known Member

The problem with plat to status as a plat sink is the only players that need status are new/returning players. Any longtime players have a ridiculous amount of status from the daily overseer heritage crate quest. The new/returning players aren't really the ones we need a plat sink from, since in most cases they are not the one with large hoards of plat.

It's an interesting idea. I think more plat sinks could be useful, just would need to be targeted more towards the players with hoards of plat rather than new players.
    Smashey, SolarFaire, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  4. Feara Well-Known Member

I thought there was something like that already on the City Merchant.
    Edit.
    I just purchased a bag of random status items for 1 plat, meh.

How about the Blackened Iron Ingot from the Overseer. Have you got any of those? 100,000 status they are.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

Brilliant Plat Sinks for Feara.

I want to buy Maile's Exchange, Sneed Galliway's Trading Post, The Jewel Box, Ironforge Exchange and Clothspinners, ect for homes. I really, really want to buy these windows (light filtering thru a must!).

I want to buy smaller Prestige Homes. I mean, not all my toons are BIG, BIG, BIG.
    HELLO, HELLO, HELLO, am I really alone in here?

I want to buy different hairstyles for my Ladies.

I want to buy a mercenary appearance slot.

I want to buy a membership to a Soloist Channel.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I would love to be able to get these for platinum, the kind of things that aren't re-sellable in any way, shape, or form. :)

Uwk
    who wouldn't mind the windows, as long as they're the ONLY way to get light filtering into the buildings...trying to re-skin a place solid where no light should be getting through in the "standard" houses is a major PitA :-/
    Feara likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I don't do Overseer stuff at all (not even sure I've unlocked it, if that's something we have to do), and I'm not terribly rich in platinum (in short, I'm not part of that problem ;->), though I am embarrassed to admit that yeah, I have on occasion sold a couple of Kronos on the Broker here and there (which doesn't work at all on Public Test; basically, we're a bunch of poor but proud hard-working public servants :D)... :oops::(

At least now, I'm comfortable in my plat, so long as I don't have to buy any rares off the Broker. That can drag a seven-figure plat "fortune" down to Public Test levels pretty quickly. :-/

Uwk
    who appreciates the limits DBG finally figured out how to put on the Broker, but think they don't go far enough (whatever kicked off the Wiemar inflation rates, plat duping or whatever, doesn't seem to matter any more; the Broker Beast took on a life of its own :-/)...we deffo need more real platinum sinks of all sorts :)
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I got the idea from someone who'd just returned to the game after a hiatus of probably at least a few years, so she (he?) wouldn't've necessarily known about all the options. Last I knew, they were trying to scramble about for enough plat to be able to afford needed things on the Broker. :-/

Uwk
    SolarFaire and Feara like this.
  9. Feara Well-Known Member

I'm no uber decorator like you Uwk, no construction for me. I don't know how you do it and stay sane.

I love to Quest, Craft and Kill.

Oooh man, you just gave me another brilliant idea!
    I LOVE ARTISAN BOOKS. I love your idea to go with special Artisan Crafting Books!
    I could so sink my plat into that.
    Except could they even squeeze out any more ideas than they have now. All this armor lately has been AMAZING.
    Armor patterns for our Mounts... Merc Gear... it could be endless.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Am I given to understand that you think I'm -- sane?! :eek:

I still consider myself very much a newb/lowbee when it comes to decorating, frankly, compared to all the other AMAZING talents we have in the field. Most of what I consider "my" achievements I've -- ah, borrowed -- from others way more talented than I, though I do think I've come up with a few innovations here and there (and even then, I may be wrong). :)

Indeed! :D

Uwk
    Feara likes this.
  11. Feara Well-Known Member

Look in claims for the starter pack. You can work the Overseer when you feel like it. It doesn't take too much time.
    I maybe getter done once/twice in an evening... if I remember!

Please check this out when you have a moment because this will help you keep your Guild afloat.

Plus, the character Agent card art is AWESOME.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I may, just to keep the Guild afloat on Halls of Fate... :-/

Thanks for the info!

Uwk
  13. Feara Well-Known Member

/lol ~ on this note I'm off for a busy day. Thanks for the laugh Uwk. It's good to laugh.

Take care and may your travels be many.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Always, and you too! :)

Uwk
  15. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Sadly, the devs have already put the kabosh on both ideas. It took more than a full year just to design the hairstyles that the Vah Shir race have access to when that race was put in with Reign of Shadows. They've stated that each hairstyle is functionally a Helmet Slot appearance, and adding anything new to anyone is going to not only take months just for one, but as soon as the community learns of it, they'll start complaining. "Hey no fair. The Wood Elves got a new hair style. Where's that same hair for my Human, and when are Ratonga going to get more fur patterns?" They just don't have the manpower to focus on that anymore.

The same discussion goes for the mercenaries. The good majority of them have unique animation skeletons that are not player races to begin with, so apparently it's not something so easy as to just put an appearance slot over them and call it a day. This is compounded by the different archetypes that the various mercs are, so it might not even be possible to switch out a human tank character as an appearance for a human priest or something.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feara like this.
  16. Feara Well-Known Member

I didn't know that about the hairstyles but it makes sense. Thanks for the info.

No worries though on the hairstyles, this will not make me cry. But the Merc slot is a whole different ballgame for me.
  17. Burningice Coldfire Member

At the very least, you should be doing the 24 hour Heritage Hunt [Daily] quest. You get it for the first time from the heritage merchant in the black market area of Qeynos or Freeport. You need to be all access, adv level 120 (tradeskill 120 might substitute? I've never checked) and level 10 Overseer (you should get a bauble to bounce you to level 40 that they started giving out when the last season started).

It gives you a free Heritage crate (the same things they sell in the cash shop) from the previous season every day and each of those has a bauble that gives 100,000 to 20,000,000 status (usually 100k or 500k), some appearance armor and familiar xp/merc training/mount training/spell research reducers.

And don't forget the guide exploration quests. Once per toon and you can only get them when the guide is in game to hand them out, but they're worth up to 25 million status each (scale with adv level, so don't turn them in on a low-level toon), just for running around an expansion

Also, if you need some status to pay guild upkeep on HoF, I'd be happy to donate a few million. Let me know your guild name (here or send a mail in-game to Burningice-I'll be more likely to see the in-game mail, honestly) and I'll drop by and throw some in from the door
    Feara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Plat Sink? Did someone say bring back reforging?! The largest plat sink in the game!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've seen that; it involved Level 5 or 5 something or whatever? It was really annoying when it just showed up in your face when you came in, regardless of whether or not you could use it yet, level-wise. X-P

Woot! :D I'll definitely look those up...are they an NPC on Public Test, or a real live person there, too? It happens, depending on the quest. :)

Awesome, thanks! :D We're at Cobras Fumantes, with the T1 Gorowyn Guild Hall (awesome location; everything you need is right outside the door!). :)

EDIT: Thanks so much again, Burningice!! :D You gave us hope! :)

Uwk
    Feara likes this.
  20. Burningice Coldfire Member

Not sure about Test, I've honestly never been on the server;)

Glad I was able to help, hope the status keeps you going for a good while!
    Feara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.