Brigand Wishlist/Bug Fix list

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Tekadeo, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Tekadeo Active Member

1) All rear attacks should be changed to rear/flanking attacks
    2) Fix mythical buff Havoc's Treachery: Currently only giving 10% damage instead of the listed 30% damage and 10% to the debuff to back attacks. This buff should also affect Will to Survive and the DoT portion of Backstab, or they shouldn't be back attacks at all.
    3) Fix Exacting Venom. Look at how little it parses and you will see why hardly any Brigands even spend two points on it. We are DESPERATE for group buffs---we have NONE without this skill.
    4) Not sure why we have Double Up but we can't use it on some of our best skills (Strongarm/Shred/Blinding Dust/Sunder).

Wish 1) Detach the HP debuff from Change of Engagement and put it on Dispatch/Will to Survive/Debilitate. You completely don't give us a choice on this tree because of how super powerful HP debuffs are. But FYI they are NOT fun. I want to play EQ2 because I play my class well, not because me being in the raid means everybody has to do 9.5% less work.
    Wish 2) Detach the AoE prevent from Blinding Dust and give it it's own button or add it to Evasive Maneuvers.
    Wish 3) Change the name of Amazing Reflexes to something more suitable. I think Ordinary Reflexes sounds about right. It simply does not work enough for us to rely on it like we should. And stop with unavoidable AoE's that aren't red-scripted or emoted. The false sense of security on this skill (and other AoE prevents) simply fails all logic.
    Wish 4) Change the reset ability on the right side of the Prestige tree to something else---I recommended having Barroom Negotiations have a chance to reset Cornered, but I will literally take anything over resetting Mercy or Anger.
  2. Tekadeo Active Member

Prestige AA Gang Up
    This was never a good idea yet made it through extensive feedbacking. Applying the effects of Ruthless Cunning and Deceit to the group is simply not helping anyone. These skills only add +60 Haste and +60 DPS mod on a long recast to the group---anyone gonna miss that? Or be excited about that? No? Thought not.
  3. Wanyen Active Member

RE: Positional Requirements

I would like to see all positional 'requirements' for all currently positional dependent melee range abilities for all classes replaced with simply penalties for non-optimal position. E.g.. Full/No-penalty for rear arc, 25 percent penalty for either flanking arc, 60 percent penalty for frontal. Or apply a bonus if working from the other perspective, where attacks that occur in a flanking region do about double what a frontal attack does, and attacks to the rear do about triple of what a frontal would.

The perspective taken probably matters, in the way that apparently modifiers effect secondary and tertiary aspects of effects sometimes (don't always see cb/pot/abmod applied to anything after the first line of an effect).

Too optimistic probably, but would add a fair amount of flexibility.
  4. Tekadeo Active Member

What I suggested in the original feedback thread by Gninja was that all the back attacks turn into frontal attacks while in Defensive Stance, and the few frontals we have turn into backstabs in offensive. This would give some purpose to our defensive stance (soloing, tanking) and make the frontal attacks we currently have actually worth something.

Pretty sure we rely on being sneaky and behind a mob 99.9%, yet we have two frontal attacks--kinda odd. Plus we are supposedly a scout tank, right? Right??
  5. Tekadeo Active Member

Wish 5) Thieves Guild flexibility

Let Thieves Guild trigger off spells as well as combat arts, and maybe limit it to group only (this would give us nice group utility). Right now there are only a handful of classes that will trigger it for us, and when there is no Sin/BL/Swash to put it on, it is somewhat wasted on a Brawler or Warrior. Rangers apparently cast too slowly to proc it back to us, and tbh I bet Swashes cast AoE's/Temp buffs so slowly that they don't proc it right too.
    TG is a pretty solid skill and would make people say "Hey I want a Brigand in my group," although I'm pretty sure it's not up nearly as often as it should be...I have it listed in my Spell Timer mod, but as we all know these windows are way too small and not always listed.