Breeze/refresh/clarity does it ever become easier to cast?

Discussion in 'Coercer' started by ARCHIVED-EQRK, Nov 24, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-EQRK Guest

single target . 17second recast time. 3minute timmer. for breeze is quite harsh. Does it ever become group? or does the cast time decrease or the timer increase?

2. ARCHIVED-Spellbounders Guest

For Coecers you do get a group clarity (*insert curse words*)
  3. ARCHIVED-Rysa Guest

Earlier in this thread there is an excellent discussion on this very thing. I can summerize it for ya though and that is the cost of this spell makes it important to whom you actually keep this spell on. Does a tank really need it? Does that over nuking wizard deserve it? Well you get the drift.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

You bet! Tank are scream bloody hell if they dont get crack timely mostly tough its concerns berserker and shadowknights. I can somethat undestand that and even simphatize but ... its arent gona happend if we have multiple pull or I do my DPS routine - only if I have nothing better to do but buff then I can trow breeze on berserker (rage eat zerk power very fast)
  5. ARCHIVED-Orki who Posts Guest

>For Coecers you do get a group clarity (*insert curse words*)

Unfortunately i have never heard of anyone having that spell, or seen it in a spell list. It would definitely be nice to have.

-24 coercer here
  6. ARCHIVED-Valdanrey Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Ready Guest

I kinda like it... Certainly shows a skill difference between those in our class. It took a little time to get a system down but I can keep all 6 in the group with Breeze plus still make the mezs, and keep an eye out for adds. Granted I don't get to nuke to often... But hey I am here to assist not tank.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ready Guest

BTW Adept III Breeze is the **ZOMG**!
  9. ARCHIVED-Orki who Posts Guest

>I kinda like it... Certainly shows a skill difference between those in our class.
    > It took a little time to get a system down but I can keep all 6 in the group with Breeze plus still make the mezs,
    > and keep an eye out for adds. Granted I don't get to nuke to often... But hey I am here to assist not tank.

Since power regeneration should never be a problem for an enchanter (cannibalize if it is), this is how it's done, programmer style:

If (lots of mobs are not mezzed) and (mez spell is available) then
    Target mob, hit mez button
    elsif (player has mez recharge timer below half) then
    Target player, cast buff.
    else
    rest for a short moment while waiting for one of the above.
    end if.

While the first step involves skill, and can be some fun, i can assure you that the second step does not.
    You can probably not train a monkey to do it, since it would get bored fast, but there is absolutely no element of skill involved.
    (If you think remembering who has breeze and who not, just allways start from the left, then do the second leftmost, and so on)

The only place skill comes in, is basically because you get friggin tired of step two, and try skimping abit and casting the spell fewer times than you could, basically reducing your effectiveness.

You can to some extent get away with this, and you can argue that getting away with fewer casts takes skill, but you will still not be more efficient than the simplest macro in the world, or a trained monkey if you can make it keep hitting the key.
  10. ARCHIVED-Orki who Posts Guest

>level 48 - Mind's Eye - group power regen buff

AAAHHHH.....

Guestimated time to lvl 48.. atleast 50 days /played, 30 days fighting
    30days*24hours/day...

Atleast 1000 hours of hell, while recasting this crappy spell.

So basically we eventually get a group spell, that MIGHT do the same thing, but will probably stack, so i have to cast both.

Also note, noone knows the recharge speed of that spell, or it's effectiveness.

Without better knowledge of that spell, i can assure you it does not fix my current problem, or the problem i will have the next 1000+ hours playing

Great.. something to look forward to... great... hmm.. sure...
  11. ARCHIVED-StGabriel Guest

If (lots of mobs are not mezzed) and (mez spell is available) then
    Target mob, hit mez button
    elsif (player has mez recharge timer below half) then
    Target player, cast buff.
    else
    rest for a short moment while waiting for one of the above.
    end if.

If that's all you do then you suck.

I'm casting stuns. I'm laying out DoT's. I'm stifling. I'm looking for adds. Etc., etc., etc.

The skill lies in being able to do all that, at the same time, making good decisions all the while. Should I lay down DoT's or am I going to need to breeze the healer now? Oops, the tank died because I didn't get a stun in! Doh. You get the picture.

If it were so darn easy then there'd be a lot more enchanters than there are. :)

Sillious Aurelius, Illusionist/Tailor of Everfrost.