Breeze and Refresh.. nerfed.

Discussion in 'Coercer' started by ARCHIVED-Claratar, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Claratar Guest

As of the current patch, Breeze and Refresh are on the same timer.

Would make some sense, except Breeze is an Enchantment, and Refresh is Protean.

Used to be I would keep Refresh up on the higher mana drain classes, and Breeze on the lower - now this is just not practical.

In racial traits, we now have Konious' Glowing Breeze. This also is on the same timer. As a 'bonus', this spells lasts 4 minutes and 30 seconds, instead of the 3 min for Breeze / Refresh.

The problem is, Glowing Breeze does not give the same rate as Refresh.

Other people will have to run the numbers, but the best I can come up with, is Glowing Breeze is 125% of baseline, Refresh is 140%.

So whats the point really, if they want the Breeze line to be a strategic cast, hence the nerf of putting Breeze/Refresh on the same timer, why would you cast a 4 min 30 second Glowing and lose the rate of Refresh?

Having Refresh on a person for 4 min 30 seconds is > than having Glowing Breeze on a person for 4 min 30 seconds. While it may look like they are throwing us a bone, in reality if you want full mana regen you would be wise not to use Glowing Breeze.
  2. ARCHIVED-Valdayana Guest

For the people who don't read all of the forum, this has been acknowledged as being unintended, and a patch will be made on Friday or Saturday to reset this change and allow Breeze and Refresh to be on independant timers again, along with Melancholy/Gloom and Despotic Mind/Muddled Thinking. The special training abilities are intended to be on the same timer as the spell they replace, but in making that happen they inadvertantly linked all spells of that type together.

It'll be fixed, so don't worry. ;)
  3. ARCHIVED-Parabola1022 Guest

the real question we should be asking, is why was is broken?? no foresight to see the problem???? hrmmm
  4. ARCHIVED-Valdayana Guest

Stuff happens. It's the nature of the beast. Just be glad the game wasn't broken as badly as it was the first time they put the patch out, when the servers were down for over a day.
    Complaining about it and posting this in every thread won't make things any better.
  5. ARCHIVED-Parabola1022 Guest

no, ur right, wont make it any better, but it is my right, i pay to play, i can [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] all i want
  6. ARCHIVED-clarah Guest

why dont you just stack them?. breeze , refresh, clarity is from the same spell line. so they should imo be on the same timer.
    and glowing breeze isnt that bad.. i still use it at 40+
  7. ARCHIVED-Trullyn Guest

It's been changed as of today. At least, Refresh and Glowing Breeze are not on the same timer, don't know about regular breeze though.

Okogia
    37 Coercer
    The Tribunal - Butcherblock
  8. ARCHIVED-ganthornrodsu Guest

breeze and glowing breeze are meant to be on the same timers because glowing breeze is supposed to be your upgraded version of breeze but refresh was an unintended side effect. Also everyone complains no matter what happens. They said they were waiting on the big patch and people [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ed and [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot]ed then they release it and complain its buggy.
  9. ARCHIVED-Saegar Guest

Since the timer question has been resolved...

I'm more interested in the Glowing Breeze versus Breeze. Has anyone determined whether the regen rate of glowing breeze is less?