Break out - a definition

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by AFP's Uke, Apr 11, 2013.

1. AFP's Uke New Member

Howdy all,

I've been searching through the threads to try and find a reference point for the term 'break out' and some more information about it, but it seems like this is an old-hat reference that's been around for a while that a new(ish) player like myself may or may not be able to figure out through context.

From what I can tell in the various threads, break-out coordinates are areas outside of the house itself that let's you access the zone that the house is in? And it seems like in order to access the points, the consensus is to use the Layout Editor to place a teleport pad to the area?

Is this correct, or are there some specific, must-know facts that I'm missing?

Thanks!
  2. Afista Well-Known Member

You are exactly right. Any point outside of a house's normal boundaries that players esape to and utilize is referred to a break-out location.

The easiest way is to relocate a teleport pad via editing to the point you'd like to be. It's why everyone tends to share nice /locs with one another, to make travel easier. It is possible however in some homes to build up with items and make your way over a houses's wall of resistance. Some people used to build stairs up and over balconies to escape or worked by placing one rug after another to move up and out ;) Even if you don't know how to edit, it's usually easier just to ask someone to come and place a teleport pad for you though.
  3. AFP's Uke New Member

Thanks, Afista! Good to know I'm on the right track!

Are break-out locations considered to be part of the 'house' for placing items/utilizing space, or are they considered to be part of the actual zone that the house is located in (a way of exiting the 'house zone' to the regular zone without going through the door)?

Is there a specific thread/FAQ/resource that explains breakout locations in detail that I should read, or is most of the information picked up through osmosis by reading various threads?
  4. Afista Well-Known Member

I've been trying to consolidate some info resources on various questions that come up a lot recently. I went ahead and published the start of the pages under Info tab. Here's the link to the page about break-outs with some of the coordinates listed too that people have listed from forums posts.
    Feara likes this.
  5. AFP's Uke New Member

Afista - you are my hero, the wind beneath my wings. Thank you so much!
  6. Afista Well-Known Member

lol I don't know about all that, but hope it helps :)
  7. ShyMidnight Active Member

So, with all that in mind, where would the breakout coordinates be in the Dimensional Pocket?

Are the breakout coordinates only in distant areas behind the invisible wall that encloses the asteroid belt and atmosphere that surrounds around the castle and its grounds? or can Dimensional Pocket breakout coordinates also be located within the area that is surrounded by the invisible wall?

Very curious about this.

SM
  8. Afista Well-Known Member

I haven't played around in a dimensional pocket at all, so I do not know where the boundary lines are in it. Anything within the boundaries of the invisibale wall wouldn't need to be considered a break-out though because you could easily walk to it.

I'm not sure how far you can travel out in the Dimensional Pocket either. iirc I don't think you can go way off of the platform in the pocket as items become "stuck" when you try to place them.
  9. ShyMidnight Active Member

Thanks very much for the reply. :) I've been building way off the platform, though I haven't had any trouble with things getting stuck. Maybe I'm just lucky! :p

Wonder how Dimensional Pockets would get priced in PlayerStudio Housing...

SM
    Afista likes this.
  10. Afista Well-Known Member

Nice, definately good to know!

I bet they would do ok since it's a rarer loot card from LoN. Right now though, if you sell it, you loose it. And it would only be selling that one copy of the house and not multiples of it (unless they change the system to allow multiple of a listed home to sell, but it's still in "wait and see" mode)
  11. JesDyr Well-Known Member

I was thinking about selling the Dragon Shrine. Then the whole unique house thing was put in on Beta... Now I would need to know the MAX price before I would even think about it :p