Brawler Mobs: Stop

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Shotneedle, Oct 5, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Expansion after expansion after expansion after expansion brawler mobs continually pop up that completely destroy scout dps until we complain about them and they get changed. I haven't complained about General Teku yet because I thought, "Well with reforging now, I can clearly just reforge to 100% accuracy/strikethrough and it won't be a big deal." But no. After reforging to 100% accuracy/strikethrough I still can't even remotely keep up with the mages. They're still doubling my dps. Beastlords get especially screwed on this point because our pets don't even share melee stats, so while I'm sitting at a ~70% hit rate with 100% (procs to 105% each) accuracy/strikethrough (as opposed to 40-50% with 20 accuracy/3 strikethrough) my pet is still only hitting less than 20% of the time.

Just stop putting brawler mobs in game unless you're going to completely revamp the hit rate system so there's a stat we can obtain that actually works. Even if it is amusing to watch mages do 600-700k+ dps while I'm doing less than 300k (and more often than not, less than 200k), it gets old after awhile. If Plane of War is still going to be relevant content in the next expansion, this definitely needs to be fixed. Really, it should still be fixed anyway.

How bad do I have to be that I can't hit a GIANT war wraith with any of my 11 arrows fired? I must be the worst archer in the history of Norrath.
  2. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Buffrat@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    This especially. If accuracy worked in a logical way rangers might actually be in demand on brawler mobs for their group accuracy buff. But if all it does is temporarily make melee hit rates slightly less terrible I doubt there will be any shuffling for such a buff.
    Make it possible to get a 100% hit rate with accuracy and strikethrough. Otherwise these stats make no sense.
  3. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Amusingly enough, I redid my reforges and instead of being at 100.1 accuracy/100.3 strikethrough I was at 69 accuracy and 3 strikethrough and had a nearly identical hit rate on General Teku.
  4. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

This issue has bene plagueing tanks for years and it is entirely frustrating to have hit rates sometimes as low as 40-60% hit rats "just because".
    Hit rates should be sorted so accuracy and strikethough actually work without actually breaking player block chance. DPS "tiers" should *not* be balanced by hit rates as when brawler mobs are added it becomes obvious to all the scouts how blatently unfair this is to any melee class.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Yeah, fighters have been pointing this out for some time, strikethru and accruacy don't bleeping work. I assumed they are bugged, but SoE wont comment on it, and they wont explain how their supposed to work (if in fact they are working as intended).
    So its a soup sandwhich, just be glad as a scout you only deal with this on a few rare brawler mobs.
  6. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

I think this really points out a huge problem that has been talked about in several other places. this problem is that all of the Avoidance Mechanics in this game are overly complicated and do not work as intended. In my mind 1 of 2 things need to be changed to fix this.
    1. Strikethrough and Accuracy need to be explained by a Dev that understands them 100% sure. In addition they need to work as Newly advertised. Also any mob that has a will avoid Strikethrough and Accuracy checks needs to have that displayed on the mob.
    2. A complete revamping of the Avoidance system, from the ground up. Just start over with it. From this new beginning we can start a new discussion about what players get and what mobs get and a new Balance for the classes that can be maintained.
  7. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

i wouldn't mind a revamp but it's pretty clear that these mobs are some how circumventing regular avoidance rules. mobs liike this are the ones that cause me to think that some mobs are casting temp buffs or something of that sort.
    accuracy and strike thru work, the problem is that their effectiveness is set really low. meaning the difference between 0% and 25% is much greater than 25% and 100%. this is a stat were diminishing returns might not be a good idea and instead having a linear boost would be better.
    the only problem i see with mechanics being changed is that we might not like what they end up as. every melee class will end having to reforge to 100%~ ST/accu just to stay effective on all content.
  8. ARCHIVED-Shotneedle Guest

Accuracy seems to work fine all the time. It's just strikethrough I can't decide on.
  9. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Well with it being reforgable and on items in general the 'cat is out of the bag' in a way. If that wasn't the case it could be a very rare stat that is only available through player buffs for example. The way things are going I see it becoming 'crit chance' all over again down the line.
  10. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

strikethru gets skewd a bit because if you successfully strike thru a block for instance and then fail the hit/miss roll then it reverts back to a block.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    That doesn't really explain how with 120 ST and 50 accuracy, I still land as many hits as 20 ST and 20 Accuracy.
  12. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    i'm aware of that.
    it's probably on a sliding scale like most all stats in this game but even that does not explain some of the data i've received from parses and that's why i think mobs cast temp buffs of some sort that increases their avoidance substantially. that would explain how avoid/miss seem to come in waves rather than thru out (in my experience anyway).
  13. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Davngr1 wrote:
    Or the mechanic is just flat out broken. Which is about equally as plausible, if not more so than hidden buff packages.
  14. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    it's usually just certain mobs that become a problem. so most likely if anything is broken it's the mob, not the mechanic.
  15. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Scouts and fighters have been complaining about the unfairness of brawler mobs since the game came out almost. Pointing out how they get screwed over but a brawler having no effect on mages. It's annoying to say it but SOE just doesn't care about screwing over scouts and fighters.
    Mages on the other hand got one zone back in the day (Shard of Hate) with crazy high resist rates and all the mages had fits over it. How their DPS was down because of it and scouts / fighters weren't effected. They never did go back and change it to help in that zone. But they also never made zones since that have mobs with high resist rates to screw mage dps like brawler mobs constinue to screw scouts and fighters.
    IDK maybe we don't cry and complain as well as the mages did.