Brawler Avatar Items

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Obano, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Obano Well-Known Member

Avatar items have recently been adjusted and I noticed there was no brawler equivalent to Shields that were dropping. Looking at this item in particular \aITEM 1705592827 -1269433497:Vallon's Impious Shield of War\/a

With 2182 protection and +30.8% block chance it is another shield gives plate tanks superior avoidance to brawlers if they don't a defensive weapon. This is not so much a class balance issue but an itemization issue where plate tanks with Avatar gear are getting much better stats than brawlers in equivalent Avatar gear.

There should be a defensive brawler item on the loot table in order to keep gear parity with the other tanks.

Weapons need to be added for all classes really.

Plate fighters get two shields, scouts get two round shields that are both terrible, one is spelled incorrectly, and I'm pretty sure the second one (the better one, even) got taken off the drop tables because only 4 servers got it and it hasn't been discovered on any of the other servers in the last few weeks, then mages get two secondary/ranged, and priests get a buckler and a secondary/ranged symbol.

So basically, plate fighters get 1 item, mages/priests get 2 items, and brawlers/scouts get shafted.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

tbh Buffrate the two fighter sheilds aren't really that nice. The proc on the CoE Shield is better as in the PoW one imo. Just the stats are nicer on the Avatar shields so it's a tradeoff.

I still like my Wall of the Diaku Paragon though I would like the CoE one.
  4. Karagon Active Member

I agree. Replace one scout shield and one tank's shield with fighter weapon and scout weapon, + add mage ranged one and heal ranged one weapons...
  5. slippery Well-Known Member

I don't think they should have weapons or cloaks. I think that should be Teku's domain. Honestly they probably shouldn't have had secondary/ranged type stuff either, but I'm kind of whatever about it. The protection on the good avatars tank shield need to be higher though.

To some extent I hate the need for a feeling of parity. Just because tanks got a shield doesn't mean scouts need to get something in that slot. However Clerics would like Shield Ally shields that seem to have been intentionally forgotten for like 3 years now (except rounds shield that go in bugged usable by priests, and at some later date get changed)
    endertank and Estred like this.
  6. Buffrat Well-Known Member

It's still pretty ****** that scouts got TWO roundshields, when the only class that would even touch a shield now is ranger.
  7. Obano Well-Known Member

Teku doesn't have a defensive block chance brawler weapon either. Teku has two offensive weapons for beastlords non-tanking brawlers. Tagrin has a lower stat defensive weapon but that is down a loot tier and still not as good as Avatar shield defensively.

I don't know how you can justify not maintaining gear parity. One class should not fall behind in their primary role just because one class got itemized better and the other did not.

Right, because Brawlers are behind. Yea, that's it. Sure.
    endertank likes this.
  9. Primaeval Active Member

They could have gone with ranged weapons for scouts/brawlers. Shields, especially with hate gain procs, was an absolutely terrible way to go.

TBH, the avatar loot is really screwy... 2 ethereal belts for most classes, one of which is considerably worse than the other, was seriously overkill. Especially considering that all the ethereals, likely share a single low percentage to drop. We've seen 5 hats, the same mediocre belt twice and no ears.
  10. Crychtonn Active Member

Are the Avatars still dropping the mount? We haven't seen one drop off the higher level Zeks or new Avatars.

If they aren't still dropping a mount it'd be nice if they added that back into the loot table.
  11. Karagon Active Member

Yeah.... No mounts in avatars now make me sad.... :( Why they are removed??
    As well why some other good idea items like chests were removed with adding no new one?
    Avatars in EoF, RoK, TSO and even at the end of DoV always had chestplated in drop. Why there are no of them now? I really liked the procs on chestplates in all the expansions. Can we get it back instead of some useless shields and some useless charms with stupid 500 dps damage proc pls?
  12. Kander Developer

The mounts will be added back in. This probably will not get in until after the new year.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

I think it's because to some extent there is not meant to be a "full" set of Avatar gear meaning that you must kill both Instanced and Contested bosses to gear out your toons. The gear isn't all flat upgrades because some Avatar's are easier script wise than PoW or CoE Challenge (though I debate CoE Challenge). Mix and Match your gear is a good thing. You should never imo be able to just go to 1 place and fully gear out. The old itemization did this with having multiple type-sets. Remember sometimes a Tank using a WISDOM item in SF because it gave him Resistance and Critical Mitigation?

I miss the older itemization where all 5 stats meant something and it wasn't just STR/STA for tanks and AGI/STA for scouts and ect.
  14. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I use priest wrists.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

Not surprised. I have thought of using a Priest item because I could actually work the proc.
  16. Karagon Active Member

I agree, but nowadays avatar loottalbe is quite poor and not unique. Procs from fabled avatar gear are not unique and do not stack with items from PoW - like 15cb group proc, 12% cb fighter proc, etc...
    I liked loottable in previous expansions much more - in all of them, even in DoV - chestplates, boots, etc... all gear had unique procs that made it desirable. Now there are only gear for 6 slots. And most of good gear is ethereal - not fabled. Fabled is not much better than instance drops...
    So that i offer to enlarge the loottable - adding items for more slots - chestplates and weapons - would be good options for that
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

Hehe I liked past lootables/stat systems better myself. I used to have to actaully decide if i wanted a STR/STA/WIS item for resists or STR/STA/AGI for dodge... or hell a STA/AGI/WIS for pure survival.

I miss that about gear, it's all so simple they way they have it now.
  18. Daray Well-Known Member

I really do wish they had left the old loot tables on the 3 "Hounds of War" avatars for the time being, and then given us the new loot table on the 3 new avatars - purely on the basis that there is minimal overlap between the two and both loot tables currently provide best in slot items.

Also, I have no idea what they were thinking in providing duplicates for certain slots on the new table (for mages, belts and secondary come to mind) - and with one being far inferior to the other.
    Twyxx likes this.
  19. Karagon Active Member

+1 this. Slightly upgrade old loot from old 3 avatars and new loot in new 3 ones would be cool.
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

I find the current tables decent. Some items yes are worse than instances but that is the real issue. The old Avatar's were different encounters so they shouldn't have the same tables.