Brand new to the Everquest Universe

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Dagger Nightbreaker, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Dagger Nightbreaker New Member

I am a popcorn gamer. I used to play WoW (for years) since then I could never find a game that made me happy. I played GW2 for a bit, I still play Skyrim, and now playing PoE. As for an MMO nothing on the horizon has me very interested except Everquest Next. So I figured why don't I try out the world of Norrath for a bit. I know there are a ton of features in this game with a lot of content. Maybe something to keep me tied up until Next. Here's to hoping and if anyone has a guild suggestion please let me know!
    Anything I should know going out of the gate for someone completely new to the world? Still people running lower level content?

Thanks in advance!

-Nightbreaker
  2. SentinelBasch Active Member

I've played WoW too, but I just started recently also, and I'm enjoying this game much more. WoW has really become very stale and hasn't made much effort to improve their old mechanics. Also, in WoW just about everything is handed to very easily, and I'm gradually learning that you have to work a little harder in EQ2, which I like. In fairness, however, I played WoW after Runes of Magic, which took WoW and improved on it in almost every way, except that it was the epitome of pay-to-win.

I'm sure some veterans here can offer some good advice for new players, but about the lower level content, I can tell you that this game has a mentoring system. This system allows other players to level down to where they are close to you in level to help you out. It's a great system if you need some help but don't want to bring in someone 80 levels higher than you. :D You can also self-mentor to level down without being in a group.

Have fun with the game!
  3. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Welcome, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
  4. Snowhaze Active Member

Welcome to EQ2, I just started about 6 months ago and am still finding plenty to do on a daily basis and really enjoying the game. I also came back looking for something until EQNext.

For a good idea of where to go as you level, consult the Golden Path: http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Solo_Progression_(EQ2)
    Check out the sticky thread at the top of this section for lots of hints/tricks, I found a few good ones myself.

The guild I'm a part of called <Order of the White Rose> is on Permafrost and you are welcome to join us if you like casual, family friendly and helpful people. Our #1 rule is to have fun. You can visit our site at http://www.owr.abyssportal.com. You can find me in game as Snowhaze and I'd be happy to group with you sometime.

Regardless of who you choose to join, I highly recommend jumping in and joining a guild, they can really help out as you level, especially with tradeskilling and quick travel.
  5. Morg Well-Known Member

I play on Freeport Server. We have a great population and great people! If any new people need help, shoot me a pm on these forums - i toon hop in game lol but if you are a gold sub you can shoot an in game mail to Morgie and i'll pick it up. Lvl 92 fury and i am more than happy to help players new to EQ2 out!.
  6. Dexella Associate Producer

Welcome to EQ2! :)

In addition to seeking help on the forums, I'd highly recommend you check out our fan sites (I've posted a thread here with a lot of links). Many include lore, quest details, history, tips, tricks -- you name it!
  7. Calthine Well-Known Member

Welcome to Norrath!
  8. thepriz New Member

I would like to Welcome you to the World of Norrath. If you are on the Everfrost Server we have a great active casual family friendly guild that would love to have you. It is "Grinders Inc" We love to help new players and most of the time there is multiple people on to help out. We have three rules we follow, #1 have fun, #2 Don't worry about the Guild, #3 Respect you guild mates.