Brand new to game..

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Chrisolovs, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Chrisolovs New Member

Hey there all. I'm very interested in playing this game, but I have a few questions about the game..
    Is the game still active? What server is PvE Based? Thanks for taking the time to help me with all my questions.
    I am also looking for a Guild.. what ever you call it on this mmorpg. Thanks again.

Cheers!
    ConcealFate, Cyrrena, Hartay and 2 others like this.
  2. Carynn Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to Norrath!

The game is still active. There is the Live servers, which are active mostly at end game (level 110), and there is a PvE Progression server called Kaladim, which is sort of classic EQ2 with everyone at level 60 - soon to be 70 in a week. The Live servers are broken down into four separate ones, Thurgadin, which is EU, and three US based ones. As for the guild, after you pick the server you want to join, you can check out the forum thread Guild Recruitment, you can look in game by pressing U and filtering from there, or you can visit the EQ2 discord channel for guild recruitment.

If you're going free to play, you'll be limited on a lot of everything, but still can play on Live end game as long as you purchase the expansion Chaos Descending (still on sale). You can only play on Kaladim if you subscribe.

Ask as many questions as you'd like. We are here to help!
    Neranya, Soara2 and Saw-Lau like this.
  3. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Welcome :)

The Live servers are PVE based. My personal fave in Antonia Bayle. It's fairly friendly and helpful. I see the game as active, but that depends on what you like to do in an MMO. Norrath has a lot to offer! That said, if you want to catch up and work your way into the end game content, joining a guild is best. Once in-game, you can view guilds on a particular server which are recruiting by hitting U. Another option, is to check out the Guild Recruitment thread in the Forums:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?forums/guild-recruitment.26/

Since you are new to the game, it might be best to look for a casual guild which lists that it helps new players. Good luck in your search. If you path leads you to Antonia Bayle, give me a shout. I am usually on Kittaene.

May your paths be fair, and your pints be full!

Kitty
  4. Neranya Member

I play on the Maj'Dul server and I see a fair amount of people. I believe you will find most people are friendly and helpful. Enjoy the game and welcome to Norrath!
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you land on Kaladim, you can contact any member of Court of the Blood Rose, casual, helpful, friendly guild. You can look specifically for Razoran, Estoxia, Mercy, Asyn, Valarian, Salem, Dhark, or Sacorian. On AB, you can look for Cyrrena.

Welcome to Norrath, and enjoy your journeys. Have fun, that is why you are here.
  6. mothelm Active Member

Want TLE light contact anyone in {Rewind} for Expansion Progression on live with lite rule-set =-)
    ConcealFate and Soara2 like this.