Boxing a dirge

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Blackluck2, Mar 19, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Blackluck2 Guest

I box my dirge with my zerker. Now at 90 and having upgraded with SF legendary gear (mostly jewerly) my dirge's DA and Crit are maxed. This has resulted in a substantial DPS increase - in fact if I just autoattack with my zerker and go through my CA progression in proper order, the dirge can steal aggro.

However, I don't use any dual boxing software. I have a laptop next to my desktop and just reach over and use the mouse to play the dirge. The problem arises in multi mob/multi group encounters as I cannot find a way for the dirge to continue to attack the next target once the initial target is dead. I have to continually restart attacks on the dirge while I position the mobs with my tank and build up aggro. (To this end I'll often change targets with my zerker before that first one is dead, but sometimes the dots and autoattack aoe doesn't kill it.)

This becomes an issue as my SO and I dual-box heroic zones (2 players, four characters) and the loss of dps from the dirge just standing there prolongs what is already a time consuming process (takes us much longer to clear zones than a group of real players, obviously). Question is, am I missing something here? Is there a way (without using software tools) to keep the dirge attacking? Assist doesn't seem to work (i.e. I have to reuse the assist macro constantly too).
  2. ARCHIVED-Exordus Guest

I box all the time and have learned that w/ any toon your boxing it's easiest to just switch targets (in a multi_mob encounter) when the mob gets into the red and finish them off with aoe attacks as your beating down the next one. As long as the mob doesn't die when you've got it targeted your boxed toon should continue to attack the target you're on. Unfortunately I don't think there is any other way to have it auto attack. Everytime you start another encounter you need to hit attack again. At least I've never found a way in the last 4 years of boxing.