Bottled Primal Lightning charm causes massive lag in raids

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Anastaise, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Anastaise Active Member

The "Bottled Primal Lightning" charm causes massive lag in raids whenever the Turbulent Tempest effect is activated. It is reusable every 60 seconds and lasts for 20 seconds. The lag is horrible with just one person using the item. We now have 2 people with the same item, so it can be maintained 40 seconds per minute. Can something please be done to fix the activated effect on this item to not cause so much lag. It also has a large particle effect black cloud with lightning storm that hovers over the encounter when it is activated.

\aITEM 171819167 -1469101023:Bottled Primal Lightning\/a
  2. Gninja Developer

We'll take a look.
  3. Anastaise Active Member

4. Tyman Active Member

Do you have parses for it? I have seen it mentioned a lot, but never really seen how strong it actually is. (Not relevant to the problem I know, sorry)
  5. Jrel Well-Known Member

It is definitely a raid combat lagger. And, of course, the awesome particle effect is in my way during some fights.
  6. Tyman Active Member

Idk why I didn't mention it before, but /r_particle_priority -1 should be a temporary fix until the devs look at it (dont use on fights with particle effect scripts) Its a common command I know, but might help a couple people.
  7. Anastaise Active Member

I don't believe the particle effect is the worst offender in terms of the lag. I'm pretty certain the activated effect is spamming combat logs.
  8. Anastaise Active Member

any progress fixing this item effect?
  9. Jrel Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see what happens when 4+ guilds use this item at the same time on Butcher/Crush/Oasis.