Botters, Farmers, oh my.

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Errie_Tholluxe, Dec 2, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Errie_Tholluxe Guest

Has anyone else noticed the increase in botters and plat farmers in places like CT and Clefts with the new changes to drops? Especially rampant atm in Clefts as the T6 rares drop so often, making experiencing there a minor nightmare, as the name placeholders are almost perma-camped by plat farmers and botters. Thanks for the increased drop rate. But it looks like its not gonna be the best thing that ever happened to the game.
  2. ARCHIVED-Maaloks Guest

Yep! I have noticed them in LS alot too. They always seem to have wierd names, and without sounding like a moron, they are Asian names perhaps. They never respond when I ask them questions and they seem to have pre-taped responses. Once, after I asked one why he took a kill I was clearly going after, he said "Guild me soon?" Strange as it was he said it to another guy close bye a bit later. Same thing.
    In Lineage2 they were everywhere and now im having flashbacks.
  3. ARCHIVED-Errie_Tholluxe Guest

Aye LS is pretty bad, I have been trying to finish up GEB, but have pretty much given up because I just cant stay there watching a spot on the water, and the fish never stays up longer than a few seconds after pop due to the beech crew. These guys dont talk much, but apparently think everyone wants to group with em, because they'll send 4 invites a minute lol.

Had a new response today though...the /duel response. And if you accept, they go on farming while the farmer apparantly has a little fun break dueling you. :smileysurprised: Thought that was a bit funny. :smileytongue:
  4. ARCHIVED-Beghard Guest

Is this a bad thing? The naed farming botters in PoF are the best things that have ever happend to me. The place where a bunched f named can spawn at once is a dream come true.by the time the named spawnd the crew is on the other side if the camp so i just steel the named, thanks for clearing all the palce holders for me Ogbok.
  5. ARCHIVED-Brorin Guest

Sure, I will drop names too. Imig, 60 Wizard non-guilded on Antonia Bayle. If you see him, tell him I said hi, you will only get "no" as a response, haha.
    Me>> "I see that you have this place camped?"
    Imig>> "no"
    Me>> "Do you mind if me and a friend group with you for a bit? We need these for quest cred"
    Imig>> "no"
    [/invite Imig]
    [no response, he continues nuking everything and it's mother]
    Me>> "Ummm... accept the invite there buddy"
    Imig>> "no"
    Me>> "So... you really do mind us grouping with you?"
    Imig>> "no"
    Me>> "Well, you are obviously an idiot and a bot/farmer"
    Imig>> "no"
    Me>> "Ok, we only need 10 of these, We are gonna have a KS race, Ok?"
    Imig>> "no"
    Me>> "Good answer bro, but that's what's gonna happen. This should be fun. Whaddya think?"
    Imig>> "no"
    Haha, oh yeah. That was fun. As a matter of fact, Imig one-hitted most of my quest kills for me, however, I got the cred and loot, if any. He was really getting agitated. One of those funky new metal chests would drop with a rare in it and he would stand over it with his pretty white horse, but it was mine for the taking. I made sure i thanked Imig for all the help, but he never replied back to me. But no matter, I could feel in my heart what he wanted to say everytime a chest dropped, LOL.
  6. ARCHIVED-ZachBos Guest

I think I saw a group of Irish botters yesterday in Zek. That's right, Irish botters. You be the judge; the group consisted of the following names:
    Tommy; Patrick; Riley; Sean; Liam and finally Finian.

Very disturbing I must say myself!!
  7. ARCHIVED-Shailen Guest

Well you could just try talking to him. Once its apparent that they can't/won't communicate in the slightest, start offering to group with them, and send messages saying you could use some help in Shimmering Citadel. When they accept (and from what I hear they do it fairly often), use your mirror. They'll have no idea what was coming.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ever-Befallen Guest

This shouldn't hold valid after today's update as the solo mobs in Clefts were adjusted.
  9. ARCHIVED-Xibitt Guest

How were they adjusted? I still saw 2-3 people camping the Overseer this morning after the patch was done so they must have been getting something. Or hoping for something at least. lol
  10. ARCHIVED-Ever-Befallen Guest

Well there were none in the zone on our server. I stayed there hoping it was bad luck for too many hours to get nothing but wood chests at all. And I'd camped it previously so I know it was nowhere near that bad. Probably people not knowing, or hoping it was bad luck, or something was wrong when I was there. I'll check it again later tonight.
  11. ARCHIVED-Xibitt Guest

There's still someone running around killing all the clefts mobs here at 5am pacific. I killed the Overseer once and got the little wood chest with junk then left.

I hope when they nerf it (or if they did) that they don't go overboard and make all named not drop rares again....
  12. ARCHIVED-Brorin Guest

Not sure what you are talking about... I see no patch notes since December 2nd.
  13. ARCHIVED-Soveroo Guest

No updated patch notes for days? What is this game coming to, they used to be so on the ball about that stuff (especially server status) lol :smileyvery-happy:
  14. ARCHIVED-myount Guest

There was patch notes saying in thier vague way, That certain mobs have had thier chances to drop masters lowered... All named i killed both in zones and iinstances dropped thier old wood crap again.
  15. ARCHIVED-MaestroX Guest

The Shimering Citadel invite works and is the best anti-farmer tool ever. I used to just invite then evac the group to make them run back to farm but the SC is way better.
  16. ARCHIVED-Meinen Guest

you would think with all the threads about farmer/botters that SoE would get a clue, but i guess not. I wish SoE would pull there head out of their [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] and start doing something about this. /sigh but i know they won't and till something better comes along, i guess i will just have to deal with it.
  17. ARCHIVED-Aenashi Guest

i have complained many times and gms said they would take care of it..and they wont. there is a necro that parts his butt in a place in sinking sands..he gets agro and his pet kills them all while he is afk. Kinda nice that i can loot the bodies and mine the points...but i hate the fact that i cant do that either and i got to earn my exp. GMs wont do anything..i opened 2 tickets on it now and NOTHING.