BotG vs Regrowth, the facts

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Kinetick, Dec 21, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Kinetick Guest

I am trying to compile a table of points of healing per tick for each Blessing of the Grove and Regrowth. That way we can all use the same data when making calculations and determining what one we think is better. So far from trolling the boards I have some very spotty data and even conflicting numbers. So to help us end this debate, please post your level, your spell level and how much it heals per tick.

Here is what I have so far, it will be hard to read because I cant do html on the forum.

Edit: I realized that the tabs are not showing up eaither which makes the chart on here completly useless. So, just please post what they tick values are for you even if someone of the same level and spell level have already posted because then we can confirm each others values.
    Message Edited by Kinetick on 12-21-2004 03:04 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-neblehK Guest

Both spells capped at Adept 1, the facts:

REGROWTH:
    Heals for 606 points for 56 power over 20 seconds.
    606 health / 20 seconds = 30.3 health a second
    56 power / 20 seconds = 2.8 points of power is being spent every second
    30.3 health a second / 2.8 points of power a second = 10.82 health points healed per a second per a point of power

BOTG:
    Heals for 940 points for 96 power over 30 seconds
    940 health / 30 seconds = 31.3 health a second
    96 power / 30 seconds = 3.2 points of power is being spent every second
    31.3 health a second / 3.2 points of power a second = 9.79 health points healed per a second per a point of power

Soooo, if both spells are chain cast then:
    10 seconds into the fight:
    BOTG has healed for 97.9 points of health at the cost of 10 power
    Regrowth has healed for 108.2 points of health at the cost of 10 power

20 seconds:
    BOTG has healed for 195.8 points of health at the cost of 20 power
    Regrowth has healed for 216.4 points of health at the cost of 20 power

180 seconds:
    BOTG has healed for 1762.2 points of health at the cost of 180 power
    Regrowth has healed for 1947.6 points of health at the cost of 180 power

In short point for point Regrowth kicks BotG's butt, period.
    EDIT: Doh!!! Ok, fixed a small math error on the BotG formula. Works out to 9.79 instead of 9.78 per a second, but it changes almost nothing really.
    Message Edited by neblehK on 12-21-2004 05:38 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Kinetick Guest

Neb, I agree with you, but I wanted to use this thread to just compile data and leave analysis to other threads.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ballyhoo Guest

neblehK, your math is incorrect. It isn't 9.78 hp per power per second. It's just 9.78 hp per power. You can't multiply the power efficiency by time to get the healing amount. 20 seconds into the fight Regrowth has healed 606, as your first line states, not 216.4 as you mention later. BotG heals 658 in 20 seconds, while using more power.

The bottomline is, under the most generous circumstances (BotG capped, Regrowth grey as a moat rat), BotG is equal to Regrowth. A tiny bit more healing for a tiny bit more power. From 23 to 32 BotG is inferior.
  5. ARCHIVED-neblehK Guest

These breakdowns are being used to show a point for point power comparison between BotG and Regrowth, I broke it down to this power cost per a second per a point to make this comparison. It's exactly what needed to be done to make a real comparison. I assure you the math is right, get your calculator out. :smileywink:

Regrowth does indeed heal for 216.4 points of health at the cost of 20 power at 20 seconds (this is being used to make a point for point power comparison to BotG). Now take the 216.4 and times it by the actual 2.8 points of power that is really being used per a second for Regrowth and you will get 605.92 (rounded up to 606), the actual performance of Regrowth. The numbers are exactly what they say they are, per a second per a point of power.
    Message Edited by neblehK on 12-21-2004 05:17 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-neblehK Guest

The bottom line is BotG never even matches Regrowth because of its lack of mana efficiency. From level 23 (24 I thought?) to level 50, it is inferior to Regrowth.
  7. ARCHIVED-neblehK Guest

Here, let me reverse the math for you:

Regrowth = 10.82 power x 2.8 points used a second x 20 seconds = 605.92 (606 total heal)

BotG = 9.79 power x 3.2 points of power a second x 30 seconds = 939.84 (940 total heal)

Make sense now ? :smileytongue:
  8. ARCHIVED-Ballyhoo Guest

Well we've derailed this thread now :smileytongue:. Anyway, this quote is the point I was disputing. The numbers are accurate, BotG heals 195.8 pts for 20 power, but it doesn't do it in 20 seconds.
    The mistake you made is not cancelling the per second unit when doing the calculations.
    Here are the BotG numbers again:
    31.3 hp/s / 3.2 power/s = 9.79 hp x s / power x s = 9.79 hp/power
    The time units cancel. Efficiency cannot be used to determine the healing rate. Efficiency is important, but rate is more important during tough fights. Take an extreme example, imagine if we got a regen that healed 10,000 hp over 10,000 seconds for 10 power. It would be very efficient 1000 hp/power, but too slow to be useful because it only heals at a rate of 1 hp/s.
  9. ARCHIVED-neblehK Guest

Yes, I understand both spells tick differently and both spells have different durations, so the only way to compare both spells is to break them down to a common number. I'm not sure if I'm following you on the per second comments, but these numbers are common in that they both show what each spell heals for for 1 point of power in one 1 second based on the total end effect (total health healed) of each spell beinging broken down by their power cost and duration.
  10. ARCHIVED-neblehK Guest

Doh, sorry for jacking your thread Kinetick. :smileysurprised:
  11. ARCHIVED-Ealenya Guest

I am a level 24 warden, both spells are Adept 1.

Regrowth: 101/tick
    BotG: 66/tick

I hope this is what you wanted ;)
  12. ARCHIVED-Kinetick Guest

Exactly what I was looking for.
  13. ARCHIVED-Sarak Guest

Have we had any official reply from the devs about wether or not they are going to do anything about this?
  14. ARCHIVED-Kinetick Guest

Not from what I have seen and read.