Books & Feathers

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Mori, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Mori New Member

I am at a complete loss. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Problem is though that the books and feathers for NPC's giving out quests are gone, I don't know what to do. May I say Please help me out!
  2. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Options->Advanced (Top Right)->Name and Chat Bubbles
    Towards the bottom you will see several check boxes for:
    NPC Overhead Quest Icons
    NPC Overhead Quest Icons for Outleveled Quests
    NPC Overhead Quest Icons for Repeatable Quests
    NPC Name Icons for Quest Targets
    Charlice, Feldon and Anghammarad like this.
  3. Mori New Member

Yes and they have the appropriate checkmakrks in the right spot, unfortunately only the NPC"s in my gh have feathers. Anything else to suggest...cuz I have also checked my files, validated game assets.
  4. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

If you're using the default UI, there's not much else I can think of. If you're using a custom UI I'd switch back to default and see if the npc's in towns and elsewhere have quest feathers. By custom that also includes the eq2map add-on, if using it.
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Check particle effects as well and make sure to turn them up some. Depending on settings you may have, it won't show the feathers/books (or other particle effects).
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell, books and feathers aren't affected by particle affects settings (I stood in Qeynos Harbor playing with it on a character that hadn't done several of the quests).

The only thing that affected whether or not I could see the quest markers was the check marks in options.

Do make sure you have clicked the 'advanced" button in the upper right corner or you might not be seeing some of the boxes that you need to have checked to see all quests. Other than the check boxes I have no idea what it could be.
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I turn off my particle effects when doing dailies and don't see the books come up over the apprentices. Once I zone out of the houses I also don't see any feathers over npcs (e.g. Londiar's daily quests).

Edit - forgot to add that I run around with show outleveled feathers over npcs so I don't miss out on any quests. I only turn them off via particle effects when just logging in/out doing dailies.

Edit #2 - Ack! forgot to add also if you already have them on when you zone to say New Halas, and already see the feathers, turning off the particle effects won't stop you from seeing the feathers until you zone out of there.

I use /r_particle_priority -1 for o particle effects and /r_particle_priority 0 for particle effects. It also bears to mention that if, for example, I'm in New Halas and have particle effects on and am already seeing the feathers, if I turn off particle effects I will still see the feathers until I zone out of the area.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

I never knew that Xianthia =) That explains why I saw no change too, I never zoned with it off.
    Though I did know turning down/off particles will make one of my character's braid disappear!
    Xianthia likes this.
  9. Mori New Member

I am glad to say that with the reinstallation of what seems to be a decent UI all my books and feathers have returned. Now if I could only say the same thing for my homes. Stuff is still not how it was left, and when I load my saved file t is still the same. Now I would like to blame my computer, or hey even my not knowing tonnes about this kind of stuff, but it's a brand new computer, a brand new installation, and a brand new UI. So what do I do next lol....
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Placement of house items, some houses can be very finicky about placement. So can some items.

Even using the layout editor in your home, sometimes you either have to resign yourself to things being how they are or doing something different with the item or using a different item.