book floating in front of toon

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Zhevally, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Zhevally Well-Known Member

So one of my alts has a book floating around chest level:
    [IMG]

The toon has no gear on and the only buff showing up in the member buff. The toon is a dwarf, sage, conj. I just use it for tradeskilling stuff.
    I deleted the 10 quests on the toon and it's still there.

With graphics turned all the way up this is the inside and cover of the book:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Anyone have any ideas where this is from?
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Hmm. Is it a familiar or fluff pet? Maybe turn off all your buffs?
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Zhevally Well-Known Member

There is no buffs on the toon(minus the membership buff).
    The toon does not have a familiar
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Fangrim Active Member

I've had that same book as a racial buff but it was Erudite I think, Hard to remember because I did half the race quests on the same toon in both cities on the first TLE but you get to keep all the buffs when you switch races.
  5. Zhevally Well-Known Member

This toon has only ever been a dwarf, and racial buffs still show up as buffs on you. Definitely something strange going on with my toon lol.
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

Do you have any spell effects hidden? You can clear the hidden list under options if I remember right.
  7. Occam Well-Known Member

Lol, that's actually kind of cool. Let us know when you find out what's causing it so I can get it for one of my chars! :)
    Breanna and Elynor like this.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

The only "book" I remember seeing---especially for mage class, was the three different little familiars/pets you could have out, book, gargoyle and a little dragon-like thing similar to what flies around in Butcherblock. Comes from speccing into AA line for it. You can hide the things. I'd suggest checking to see if you specced into this and have it on your hotbar.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Try right-clicking the book and see if it gives you an options menu. If you have a button with a hooded figure, click that to hide the thing.
  10. Bellamorte Active Member

Haha She figured it out, it comes from the book in your bags that you examine in the BoL tradeskill line. I can't remember the name of it off hand.
    Bhayar and Breanna like this.
  11. Melkior Well-Known Member

You mean the field journal? I definitely never noticed that before on any of my toons and I've done the line like a dozen times. I wonder why?
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Zhevally Well-Known Member

It's probably because the toon was on that step of the quest before I deleted everything lol. It was definitely not something I would have expected or ever figured out on my own.
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.