BOO !!!

Discussion in 'Templar' started by ARCHIVED-SpineDoc, Oct 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-SpineDoc Guest

Just thought I'd scare some of you Templar corpses lying there all covered in cobwebs. I haven't played for months, been enjoying myself in other MMO's, but I think often on my good times in EQ2. Has anyone looked at Templars? Has anyone even commented or expressed some interest in Templars? Just curious.
  2. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Lol...to have a two-way discussion on our classes multitude of long outstanding issues we would need a dev to you know kinda open a discussion on our issues....currently they are busy putting the finishing touches on a multitude of fluff gear for marketplace.
  3. ARCHIVED-Giallolas Guest

About a week ago, I did the unthinkable. I finally betrayed to an inquisitor. I have been patiently waiting for years for them to address our issues, but after seeing that little was being done for us, I figured I better finally betray. It appears they wanted all the plate healers to go that way anyways. I've always loved the concept of what the Templar was supposed to be, and I thought I would be the last holdout, but I envied their cures and dps for so long that I had to make the jump.
    I miss our class, miss what it was supposed to be, and long for a day when they might one day serve their role again. I simply got tired of waiting. I comforted myself with the idea that if they ever fixed us, I'd betray back as Templar is my first love. Even my bio says something to the effect that "Betrayed by the god SOE and having his fervent and faithful prayers fall upon SOE's deaf ears, Brian has taken a colder, detached look at his life in Norrath. No longer does he seek to heal the world through the light of shining example but now looks upon his fellows with the same disdain this god looks upon them all."
    It's become my impression that we are simply on life support until they can roll out EQNext. In that future, let's hope there aren't 25 classes if they simply let half of them rot on the distended vine of apathy. I'd have rather taken 12 solid, dynamic classes instead of 25 where half of them is the redheaded, unwanted step child.
  4. ARCHIVED-Larcain Guest

Don't give up hope!! Perhaps they will confuse Templar's with plushies, or a house item and fix em.
  5. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Larc@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Hmm so your saying eventually we will be able to right click ourselves and turn us into house items...makes sense since they are either unable or unwilling to fix our class...then again having a dev that plays a temp at highend (that is higher than their standard beta buffed level 20 in darklight woods) would prob be better able to understand the multitude of issues.
  6. ARCHIVED-Larcain Guest

Don't forget put down your deposit for that condo on the "Isle of Misfit Toys". I made sure mine was beach side. The beach is frozen, but it is still a beach.
  7. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Comparing Templars to house plushies, is beyond excessive.

In the hands of a smart player, Templars bring valuable tools/options to a raid. The class is feasible, playable, and justified in raids. Sure, class composition is not quite as strict on easymode raids, but it is meant to be that way.

Want more "traditional" class role structure on raids? Dump the easymode versions, and watch what happens.

I am enjoying my Templar, and I know others who enjoy theirs, too.
  8. ARCHIVED-Larcain Guest

Excessive? Oh, brother. Those are called "jokes".
    While I don't belong to Equillibrium, we aren't an easy mode guild, I also PLAY my templar as my main and like it, but that doesn't mean we don't need work. I'm not going to go through the litany, but implying that if we think templars need fixing we aren't "smart" players certainly displays an amount of hubris that I normally only see on flames.
  9. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Larc@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I stated "In the hands of a smart player, Templars bring valuable tools/options to a raid.".

Do you disagree with this statement? Yes or No?

If you say no, we're bound to have an interesting discussion. Because I see plenty which Templars bring to the table, against content SOE has released after the launch of DoV. As for launch DoV content, it is no longer relevant.
  10. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

Avirodar@Oasis wrote:
    Avi you know darn well the class needs a hard look at its viability for raids and its mulitude of broken or obsolete abilities...just using the garbage skyshrine procs and the new revamped drunder stuff - blessings is broke and useless, manacure is absolute garbage, they removed the ability of our arcane ward to absorb power drains and those few examples are only a small drop in the bucket.
    Is the templar class if played correctly solid healer sure but doesnt excuse soe from ignoring the problems...playing a broke class well is not what I look for tbh.
  11. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Daalilama@Nagafen wrote:
    Class viability of Templars needs to be looked at?

We choose to run a Templar as MT healer. The MT Inquisitor was shelved. The person playing the Templar could easily be an Inquisitor, but the consensus was that a Templar is the superior choice, for the Main Tank Group. We're also not the only guild actively running a Templar. The benefits of having a Tempalr in the MTG are notable (over an Inq). So.....

If this is not enough "class viability" for you, what line in the sand are you aspiring toward? Do you want Templars to be so important, that raid forces groan in misery about how terrible raids will be, if the Templar is missing? I ask, because we consider our Templar to be very viable for raiding. If you do not think this is viable enough, I want to hear your angle.

The passive nerfs to Luck of the Dirge, Blessings, and Propagation(Warlocks), via itemization tagging, was inevitable. These skills were introduced when procs were less abundant. As SOE became more inclined to put procs on everything, the proc increasing skills became too big for their boots. SOE had to do it, becase the game was turning into a case of what procs you had, not what class you play (especially for healers)... Both proc boosting abilities still do contribute, I run them on my dirge, and Templar. They add up, but are not game-changing abilities.

The last raid I was on, the arcane manacure was triggering a lot. I almost got to the point of abusing our coercer for curing us (via manacure) too often. To date, our Templar+Defiler combo have had no issues dealing with cures against current content.

I actually like that the arcane ward does not absorb arcane power drains (usually). It gives the coercer something to do, and saves the ward for actual real damage (helps keep the tank alive). If manaflow was nerfed, we might be an angle to persue conservation options, but until then, the enchanters cover us.

With such, I disagree with calling Templars a broken class. Sure, it would be nice if SOE could have a little poke at an ability or two, but the same can be said for many class types. What is important, is that right now, Templars have a viable spot and role on raids. Templars bring valuable tools/options to a raid, and if played well, the class shines.
  12. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

We have a new expansion coming soon.