Bony Grasp - Useful?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Jorel7, Jun 19, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-MugnMobs Guest

Once you get to level 50, you are going to get devestation...that makes everything easier.
    As for getting more int, I'd say forget that for now and get some adept 3s. If you buy the rares, they are kind of pricy, but you could spend a few hours harvesting and get a few of your key spells at adept 3. The difference in going from App4 / Adept 1 to Adept 3 is going to be a 20% upgrade in damage not to mention the spells become harder to resist.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zombo611 Guest

I have not seen any difference with play. I was fighting down arrow yellow mobs in groups of 2 and 3 no noticable change. I will also say that I soloed a ^^^ yellow. ( I had Pally and Shadowknight with me.) Shadow Died shortly after pull and the Pally Ran, mob still had 3/4 HP and I Locked and Rocked him dead. I know that I could not have done it by myself but I know that I can still take a ^^^ blue maybe an even con, I have not tried yet.
  3. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Are you in full fabled/legendary, with masters/adept3s?

(Having a pally and shadownight with you DOES NOT = solo)

Please get fraps and post a video of u soloing a ^^^ blue even. Until then I won't believe it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Jorel7 Guest

I can tell you how I do when I solo yellow ^^^. Here's my setup:
    Lvl40 Warlock, 220 INT (buffed with a T3 potion)
    Paralyzing Fear(M1), Steal Breath(M1), Aura of Darkness(M1), Null Absolution(M2), Nil Distortion(AD3), Flashfreeze(M1), Noxious Bolt(M1), Strength of Void(M1), Invite Void(M1).
    My tactics for a lvl41^^^ Heroic Single target mob:
    1. Stand at max distance and cast Paralyzing Fear
    2. Cast Steal Breath
    3. Cast Aura of Darkness
    4. Cast Null Absolution, have finger on Flashfreeze incase nuke breaks root.
    5. If root isn't broken, Cast Nil Distortion
    6. Cast Flashfreeze
    7. Cast Paralyzing Fear
    8. Cast Strength of Void
    9. Cast Invite Void
    10. Repeat from beginning all over until mob is dead. Remember to always back up to max distance as soon as/if root breaks.

Has worked for me since lvl33 until now, both pre and post LU24. Only difference is that pre-LU24 I could solo named ^^^ 3lvls above me(aka Chomper, lvl37 ^^^ and Shydra the Wicked, ^^^ lvl37 in EL when I was lvl34) and now I can only do it to mobs 1 or MAYBE 2lvls above me.
    /Jorella
  5. ARCHIVED-Zombo611 Guest

Masters and Adept3 on the spells that count. not fabled gear. like I said the Pally and Shadowknight got the HP down to what they were, I said that I could not have done it with out them, but I stood my ground and locked the ^^^ yellow and Finished the mob off Shadowknight at my feet waiting for a rez, Pally took off yelling for help. I will see about this Fraps movie soon.
  6. ARCHIVED-latrocinor Guest

CoLD MeTaL once you hit 50 you will get a spell called devastation this will help you ALOT and as for my gear its all legendary maybe a few peices not.. I got all my cash from solo'ing as I fight I harvest and get rares/books ext.. I sell them on the broke I make about 20-50g a night on a good night 1-2p (if I harvest a few rares) I am on a RP server so It just may be easier on my server since there are more players to sell things.. And HELLS no it does not make you a bad Warlock. The changes take some getting use to.. Hit 50 and then come back and post you will notice things get alot easier with your new best friend devastation in the picture..

-Madness
    Message Edited by latrocinor on 06-22-2006 04:09 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Will let ya know in 20%.
  8. ARCHIVED-latrocinor Guest

PRE GRATS!!! on 50 my friend.. please post once you get devastation and Make sure to try to pick up atleast the adept
  9. ARCHIVED-matinisback Guest

it's true : (
  10. ARCHIVED-Inebriation Guest

Jorel, I'm not sure if that's how it's always been for the lower level root, but as of now, the t7 version is 22.5 second duration with 20 seconds recast, so it is indeed effective!
  11. ARCHIVED-SvipOman Guest

OMG Whine Whine Whine . I have no problem solo after LU24 Bony works fine 4 me . we still have alot of roots/stuns just use it right boys
  12. ARCHIVED-Vulking Guest

As a new convert to the Warlock class(betrayed wizard), I have found bony grasp very useful. I cast both roots, group and single target on a mob, I then unload. The second root is an insurance policy on the first root. Works great. BTW, I am loving the warlock class. Wizards are over-rated.
  13. ARCHIVED-latrocinor Guest

Cold: any updates post 50 just curious if you can solo better now..
  14. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Not soloing any better, but haven't done it much either.

Been soloing ^^^ heroic named with my conjuror, now i see why there are so many conjurors/necros.

And I loved my warlock so much. Oh well so it goes.

I did hit 51 due to the large amount of grouping i was doing, and I am gonna try and stick it out for a bit. Now that the 'increased social aggro' has really sunk in a bit.

Upgraded some of my spells, even one master.

I did try and solo "The Creator" at level 51 for the Ghoulbane, that didn't go well, I got lucky on the third try, now that is a level 35 ^^^ named, but still very grey.

Devastation does not seem to do much, it is supposed to daze/stun but if it does I can't tell, and of course I have only found the adept 1, need an adept 3. And of course it gets resisted A LOT by green solo mobs.

I am gonna try to solo some stuff, tonight or tomorrow night in maj'dul see what happens. But bony grasp is still quite useless, breaks in less than a second on grey mobs. Sometimes when no damage is being put to the mobs.
  15. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Well, I dropped the plat, got my level 50 spells adept 3'd (I hope they aren't the level 54 master 2 choices, ugh), and I got another 60 points of INT in armor, etc.

That is certainly making things easier.

I haven't been out really solo yet, and I am almost 53. I expect the changes to help 'despite' the changes, i need to upgrade bony grasp to adept 3 and see if that helps it.

Despite the lack of solo ability (from my perspective), and the major lack of aggro management, and the great possibility of dieing due to pulling aggro, I have found my true home, I am a Warlock. I love this class.
  16. ARCHIVED-latrocinor Guest

Glad to haer it COLD!!
  17. ARCHIVED-latrocinor Guest