Fixed Internally Bonus Prestige from the Swag Boxes

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Aggy, Sep 27, 2023.

1. Caith Developer

The account flagging portion of the bonus prestige points from the swag merchant is not functioning correctly and will be corrected in the next update. After the next update, logging into any character that purchased the bonus prestige points will correctly add them to the account wide total.
    Smashey, Chikkin, Eviara and 3 others like this.
  2. Aggy Active Member

Thank you very much Caith!
  3. Zhevally Well-Known Member

What does your other tab say? You can spend prestige points in one of the two tabs, so if your 2nd tab says 30/36 that would actually be correct. (If you have one point both tabs will say something/26, but you can only spend that 26th point in one of the two tabs).
    As you spend more points you can double check by adding both your tabs, then subtracting 25 to see if it matches. So for example if one tab says 31/36 and the other 30/36 then 31+30-25=61-25=36 so you are good. [If you have all 20 and your tabs read something/45 you can also just add them and see if its 70]
  4. Nukester Member

All the numbers go up when I buy bonus points. 1st tab shows 30/36 which is correct. I have 30 points spent in that tab. 2nd tab shows 31/36, which is not correct. I only have 28 spent. The extra 3 bonus points that I bought moved the numbers to 31/36 but I never physically received the bonus points to spend. I have physically spent a 58 points. Missing 3 that I bought
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

But are there 31 points spent in that tab?

If you are using a spec that you copied from someone, it will almost certainly have those points 'pre-spent', or you may have pre-spent them in the 'build mode' yourself.

Edit: Assuming you are Nukester on Skyfire (https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aap/2602774971132/2/) then the 'solo/23' spec has 61 AA spent; If you just look at the number of purchased abilities and their count you will miscount it as 28 instead of 31 points because three of them cost two points each. (Unda Arcanus Spiritus, Accuracy from Strength, and Power from the Soul) -- Though, oddly, EQ2U shows your 'current AA spec' being 5 AA points lower, with only one point in 'Precise Incantation' and none in 'Experts Understanding', though I assume it's the same spec as 'solo/23' that you have active.
  6. Nukester Member

Thanks for that. I had to log back to check. You are correct. All the numbers do add up. And I tried buying more just now and I was able to physically get unassigned points to spend. I must of gotten 3 bonus points through quest/exploration, so when I bought the first 3 they didn’t do anything. So there’s a bug somewhere I guess. If you buy the bonus points it should add to the next available point to spend. The way it is now, if you have say 5 bonus points through quest/exploration/boss kills, you would have to waste 25 swag boxes, around 90 plat. Then on the 6th box you buy it will start adding points to be used. Hope that makes sense.
    Zhevally and Taled like this.
  7. Krafoogoo New Member

You couldn't fix this today?

Frankly and respectfully - it is lazy. Without a firm date - i have frankly lost count.

I would hope you would have some make good if we buy a prestige point that puts us over the 2 - cuz you know WE ARE PLAYING NOW (and actually might want to use the prestige abilities) - that we would receive overpaid currency back during this limited time event.
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

There wasn't a patch today.
  9. Caith Developer

Updates are required for updates. Without an update, we are unable to update, so this will still happen on the next update, because it requires an update.
    Twyla, Aggy, Jinksie and 3 others like this.
  10. Ellah Active Member

Thank you kindly for the update about the update to update the issue. I will update my notes.

(I'm *so* sorry, I just *had* to join in!)
    Twyla, Jinksie and Breanna like this.
  11. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Today was a 'server' downtime. Next week will be an actual patch associated with the downtime. They only patch 'fixes' every other week.
  12. Krafoogoo New Member

If the update caused an exploit you would have figured out a way to push an update, possibly even without telling us.

And also thank you for the nonupdate on when the update will happen and how overspending/wasted currency would be addressed, maybe (or maybe not) before the end of the event.

Please keep us updated.
  13. Anandra New Member

Not sure if this is the best place for this question but it might help somebody. To find out how many bonus prestige point you have, would you take the second number from your prestige tabs (i.e. 30/42, 25/25, etc.) and subtract 25? I don't know if this is correct, can someone verify if this how to check you bonus prestige points?

Thank you
  14. Krafoogoo New Member

ok - i am confused:

• i have done this and all the characters have are the tokens purchased - no change to any points on any character
    --edit: i mean the are in overflow (the tokens)
    What am i missing?
  15. Melkior Well-Known Member

Best guess (I am at max Prestige and haven't purchased them so I cannot verify) is that you need to re-use them to get the points applied.