Bonus infusers & Ascension research, Pay to Win

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Jachin, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jachin Active Member

Dear forum visitor,

Bonus infusers are very limited at the moment for people who don't like to spend a lot of money on them (KA Premium Infusers, Premium Expansion). An additional hundred+ dollars to max infuse my character is outrageous, especially since the loyalty bonus infusers, for example, are way too weak. They cost 15 loyalty tokens and barely boost. My suggestion is that the current loyalty infusers become like 1-2 loyalty tokens per infuser OR they get massively buffed in effectiveness.

Appearance/fun items and items that help solo play or boost experience gain that costs money, no problem. Start touching the output of a character by selling the best infusers for an insane amount of money, pay to win.

Same goes for the ascension abilities. Since the only drops are Journeyman, Expert, Grandmaster and Ancient tiers, where are the Adept and Master tiers? Are we seriously all forced to wait at least 60 days per ability... or pay 30 bucks per ability (if you have all scrolls up to GM)..? This affects endgame raiding progression just like the bonus infusers and is in my opinion, awful and game-breaking. Might as well just start selling raid drops while you are at it, as someone stated earlier to try to make you realize where this is slowly headed.

STOP PAY TO WIN
    Ashandra, Toxify, Tharrakor and 2 others like this.
  2. Entropy Well-Known Member

Any game with a mechanic like Kronos and a way to significantly improve your toon with currency like platinum could be said to have a "P2W" aspect. It's legalized plat buying. Why is no one up in arms about that but the ascension tiers have folks all riled up?

You don't have to pay to accelerate the research. You also don't have to use plat to buy things off the broker, take advantage of SLR, or infuse your gear. Same diff.
    Thilka and Dude like this.
  3. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

I usually salvage the drops I get from the Solo/Advanced Solo dungeons, I don't hand to twinks. From them I create infuser. It's maybe not much, but doing the dungeons quite often, you get a lot self made infusers.
    Lojaak likes this.
  4. Ellimist Active Member

Infusers are fine. The limited amount you get from buying the premium expansion are one use only. You also could have earned some running beta and helping out there. Its not like they are game breaking.

as for the ascension spells I'm still trying to get my head around these. I wouldn't mind if ancient was research or 10mill plat or some stupid rare rare drop but adept being like that is silly. Everything up to expert should be fairly common. Master and GM should be fairly rare and ancient should be nigh on impossible to get drop.
  5. Jachin Active Member

I am speaking of BONUS infusers. Please do not comment if you do not do your research.

Also, Entropy, plat can be earned by playing the game. Dollars can't. If it is necessary to spend multiple hundreds to thousands of dollars to be an ABSOLUTE twink, this game is messed up. The amount of stuff you can do with Krono is very limited, you can also earn such amounts by doing good business in game. Having to pay money for upgrades that are otherwise unavailable, is madness. I have seen several people on EQ2U having an additional 500 crit bonus, 500 potency, 50k ability mod and over 1 mil hp coming from infusers that cost 300 dollars total. An extra slot + raid item could deliver such stats, this affects endgame raid progression.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

You get exactly 6 'bonus' infusers from buying the premium version of the expansion. It is a boost, yes, but it is not a huge boost. Also, where are you getting the $300 cost from? Even the premium expac doesn't cost near that much.
  7. Jachin Active Member

Scroll down on the expansion upgrade part of the eq2 website.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

I like the possibility to buy bonus infusers.

Last Expansion the only way to get this was buying the premium Edition. Now you can get the Standard Edition and 3 (almost 4) additional premium consumable packs for the same price.

It's your coice :)

With the stat Inflation up to 1300 pot per item it's really not necessary to use Bonus infuser on every item to get 20 potency more.

Bonus Infuser can be claimed by:
    * doing beta tests
    * finishing collections (e.g. ZEK meta collection)
    * buying premium Expansion
    * buying premium consumable packs

This autums we had the possibility to buy a year subscription for a special Price. Why not spend the rest of the money in premium consumable packs.
  9. semisus Does not play this game

adept and masters should be drops , and the scrolls emself should drop far more often.
    ZUES and Jachin like this.
  10. Jachin Active Member

Which doesn't limit it. The expansion upgrade bonus infusers were enough for pay to win stats. I just think it is really rude to the loyal players that have tons of loyalty tokens that the loyalty infusers are absolute garbage and waaay overpriced to these $$$ bonus infusers.
  11. Dithmir Active Member

Are you sure you dont have this confused with plat infusing?
  12. Jachin Active Member

No, I am not an idiot, I have done my research and you can confirm it yourself.
  13. Lojaak Well-Known Member

Well it's not pay to *win* though is it. You can get the spells by waiting. It's pay to speed it up. The infusion, you don't need to have everything totally max infused to do content. It just makes it a bit easier. It's pay to make your gear a tiny bit better. You can make your own infusers or get drops. The caps might be slighly different on the bonus infusers but it's not going to be that much difference from fully plat infused and dropped/crafted infuser caps.

You can't roll (or buy) a maxed out character with the best gear in the game from the marketplace. You also can't pick up a 100 toon and expect to know how to play them. This game has no cookie cutter spec, it has various nuances and systems and requires some learning. You can't buy the BIS gear, you're going to have to play to get it. It is so far beyond pay to win that these threads are a joke.

People need to start getting a handle on what pay to win actually is before shooting their mouths off.
    Febrith, Shmogre and Mermut like this.
  14. Jachin Active Member

Funny that the guild that is at number 1 with progression has quite some toons max bonus infused this way. Unlike your irrelevant guild.
  15. Lojaak Well-Known Member

My guild has nothing to do with it sweetheart.
    Mermut likes this.
  16. RedvsBlue Well-Known Member

Every top 10 guild paid to get where they are? Pretty sure most of them plat infused all the way up long before KA even came out. Sounds like a ridiculous assumption that they are only there because they paid to be. They have been in their position in the top for years (since 2010 for #1 and longer for others). Some might have paid to speed it up but it damn sure didn't put them at the top of the progression list.
    Lojaak likes this.
  17. Indy Member

You get six bonus infusers from buying the uber version of the xpac.. per account, not per character. Each of these is suppose to (and they don't always roll what the minimum is suppose to be) grant between 20-25 potency and cb. 6x25 is 150 pot/cb, spread across six items.. and that's if you happen to get lucky and get max roll on every one. Max stamina from one of these is 750x30 ... (30hp per point of stamina) =22,500 hp per infuser/item, once again, assuming you get max roll. Of the two that I've done, they've both rolled under the stated minimum the infuser is suppose to grant. Max ab mod is 3750 per infuser, and you only get that if the item has an ab mod stat on it to begin with.. reforging doesn't count.

This version of the xpac is $139.99 ( if you're in the US... your rate of exchange may vary otherwise... and deduct -10% if you're a member.) I have no idea where you're coming up with these numbers.
  18. Jachin Active Member

As I stated before, scroll down on the expansion info page. You write quite a lot for someone who didn't do his or her research.
  19. Jachin Active Member

There was being stated that it wouldn't influence the game. I disarm that argument. I am not saying anything negative about any guild. Also, about the guild called Irrelevant, that was a joke to somewhat entertain the people who read this.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

I fail to see how calling a guild irrelevant is a joke or would 'entertain' anybody.
    RedvsBlue likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.