Bonus Exp Weekend 8.23-8.24

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Aug 21, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Kirstie wrote:
    No way.
  2. ARCHIVED-Wyeth Guest

Thank you very much for the display feedback. That will be most helpful.
    At the risk of being shot, were you able to get the bonus XP extended through Monday (or padded to Tuesday AM as you had mentioned doing before)?
  3. ARCHIVED-Celena Guest

WOW, that really is a great change! I am excited to see this in action.
  4. ARCHIVED-Banadux Guest

When does the bonus XP for this weekend kick in?
  5. ARCHIVED-chucky2sd2 Guest

Dear Kristie, I was looking forward to enjoying the bonus xp weekend last weekend, got together with some friends and quested like crazy, went into a couple doungeons and all to try to get my main advanced in lvl, i used 2 xp potions because it seemed like xp was not realy going well. Now i find out that there was this mistake and that is why i didnt get any bonus xp, and i waisted 2 of my good xp potions. I made a /report, but have not yet got a reply and the weekend is here. Please be kind enough to return to me the 2 xp potions i waisted last weekend, so i can enjoy them this weekend if you do turn on the bonus xp feature for this holiday weekend. My main is Tats in Everfrost server.
    Thanks for making things right.
    Sincerely,
    Tats
  6. ARCHIVED-Magnamundian Guest

Anordil@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Actually I would argue that there isn't much point being grateful for something I didn't receive, however it looks like sense won out and at least now we can visually see if there is bonus xp or not.
  7. ARCHIVED-Anordil Guest

Magnamundian wrote:
    <shrugs>
    Since SOE is under no obligation to give us bonus experience days, weekends, or half hours to begin with and Kirstie acknowledged her mistake openly, apologized for the error, and promised to make it up to us, I'd say a certain amount of gratitude is in order. How does that old bromide go?
    Oh, yes, 'you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.'
  8. ARCHIVED-sliderhouserules Guest

Anordil@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Plus it didn't take a genius to figure out when bonus xp was in effect before they put in the new feature that explicitly tells you.

/toggle_bonus_xp

If it says it toggles it off you can toggle it back on and be assured it's in effect on your server. If it says "no bonuses in effect for this server" then you can probably be sure there is no bonus xp for your server.

Pretty easy. Go figure.
  9. ARCHIVED-Grycks Guest

Wow, what fools we!
    All we had to do was enter this completely undocumented and unintuitive command and the answer would have been obvious! I hope the fact that the developer posting in this thread stating the command is useless unless you're on the test server doesn't make your condescension moot.
  10. ARCHIVED-Celena Guest

Thimdirran@Butcherblock wrote:
    Undocumented? Are you kidding? It has been posted here at three three times in the last few months.
  11. ARCHIVED-Deceitfuleyez Guest

chucky2sd2 wrote:
    I popped a bonus tradeskill potion right before the servers crashed last night and logged on this morning to find it was timed out and not back in my inventory. At least you got some benefit out of yours!
  12. ARCHIVED-sliderhouserules Guest

Thimdirran@Butcherblock wrote:
    When someone is being entirely and overly melodramatic some condescension is in order. And you can't make condescension moot, BTW.

And since when is ke'la a developer? LOL. The toggle command works on live servers, just FYI.

Your first sentence says it all.
  13. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Fantastic improvement!

I'm really impressed by how quickly helpful changes are making it into the game.
  14. ARCHIVED-LadyGalasya Guest

sliderhouserules wrote:
    just in case anyone gives a hoot I tried this command for S and G's.....it doesnt work on live servers it gives you "unknown command"
  15. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Take the snarky bickering to PM's please.

We'll be announcing the next bonus exp weekend this coming week.
  16. ARCHIVED-sliderhouserules Guest

LadyGalasya wrote:
    Might wanna check your spelling, cause it works on Unrest as of right now.

"There are no bonuses in effect for this server."

Type /toggle_ and hit your tab key and it'll show you commands that start (or contain) that text.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

This thread has outlived it's usefullness.

Take it to PM's.