Bol rewards, no rewards

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Austerity, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Austerity Member

As you can see I don't post often but there are times I simply must vent.

I am sick of getting infusers as rewards for everything done in this xpac. I spend 30 mins+ doing a PQ, I get infusers, I do 10 overseer quests per day, I get infusers, no matter what tier the box is. The overland clicky quests will give infusers or if your lucky maybe a 150 resolve item. Both adventure and trade skill missions reward infusers, Boss chests drop infusers in solos, heroics and raid. There can be 25 items on the list of things you can possibly win but more often than not they are infusers, no matter what character I play. I buy the status boxes twice per day on two toons and only get infusers. I can spend 12 hours a day gaming and all I end up with is a bag full of infusers.

I have not been one of the lucky ones to get the ultra rare anything in any of these endeavors, I know people who have given up on doing PQs anymore because they don't want to waste their time. What's the point of doing any of these activities? A 1/100000000000000 chance at one special item? Enough is enough. Powerball has better odds.

Get the message? Ok thanks
    Kheldar, Bentley101, Sharann and 14 others like this.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Yep. I've been doing old Heritage quests for the last week or so.
    As for Overseers, I'm sick to death of receiving Treasured Overseers in Fabled AND Mythical crates. I'm pretty sure we're just being trolled at this stage.
    As for PQ's, I think I did around a dozen, that was enough infusers for me.
    Kheldar, Lateana, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

I'm 100% convinced in the conspiracy theory that only certain accounts are "lucky" and some are "not"

I have not looted anything from solo from an Xbox since they were implemented. Ive gotten nothing from overseer and max the quests out each day.
  4. Laita Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd say it's getting ridiculous... but it's been terrible this entire xpac… I will say, I got lucky on ONE 10 hour overseer quest (got foundation of rune recipe), but everything before and after that, whether from overseers, PQ's or whatever has been crap :/
  5. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I was completely sick of infusers about a month after they introduced them in ToT.
    Kheldar, Lateana, Mizgamer62 and 3 others like this.
  6. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I'm wondering if they don't have a library of RNG seeds that get assigned on a new account or toon basis. Theoretically, a mechanic like this might help to somewhat reduce systematic biases. Obviously I have no idea how they construct their rng algorithm, but we all know at least one player that seems to come out ahead way too often.
    Lateana, Vunder, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  7. randomplayer Member

I don't mean to whine but seriously...

I open a ridiculous number of crates per day. 10 overseer plus any bonus, at least 9 gather mission crates, daily solo crates, weekly solo crates, I fly around and kill named (so far 14 today) etc etc. I am trying to get my resolve up to begin heroic dungeons. Simply not possible given my bad luck. I have been doing this for over a month as a push to take it to the next level, and I simply can't unless I start buying stuff.

Working as intended, I guess.
    Kheldar, Lateana, Mizgamer62 and 3 others like this.
  8. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

But what did you expect from free overseer mini-game? Did you expect today a ring +165 resolve, tomorrow a ring +170, day after tomorrow a ring +175? … and then after 6 months a ring +755 resolve?
    What kind of 10 free presents per day would be looking like useful every day even after 6 months?

It is not like I am happy with +155 gear in solo instances without a chance to get +160, but I am ok with overseer rewards. With overseer we have at least a chance to get something out of ordinary. I am ok if I get a piece of better gear or new adorn or recipe from oversee once per week, keeping in mind that next expansion is 10 months away from today.
    Raff likes this.
  9. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Bolded a comment above - as a FYI you can get 160 resolve gear dropping in solo instances. Be careful when transmuting drops, because the named can drop 160 resolve weapons and attuneable items (armor, charms, jewelry etc.). From what I've seen, if two attuneable items drop from one chest, one is a bonus piece with 160 resolve. I've almost muted some armor before when just getting in the swing of things cleaning up my bags after a run through zones. It's not the most common occurrence, but has happened more often than red runes drops, YMMV.
    Evguenil62 likes this.
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I expect a Fabled crate to contain something FABLED. I also expect a way to get my crafting books that doesn't involve RNG.

But this thread isn't about Overseers, it's about the rubbish rewards in general.
    Kheldar, Sharann, Laita and 8 others like this.
  11. randomplayer Member

Exactly this. There is far too much emphasis placed on winning a roll of the dice. Obvs designed that way for *reasons* which we probably shouldn't go into. But it is aggravating. Thats all.
    Kheldar, Laita, Lateana and 3 others like this.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

If you do the achievements you will get enough 165 & 170 gear to get your Resolve up nicely. No luck needed as each achievement gives you a piece of gear.
    Semperfifofum, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  13. Raff Well-Known Member

The Overseer is a poker game. Sometimes luck is with you sometimes not...Its like the Gambling Goblin, but better odds.

Luck favors the House in all forms of gambling.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  14. Obano Well-Known Member

The game is trying to drop you a hint to infuse your gear. If don't infuse your gear you won't be going very far in BoL.
    Kheldar and Igochan like this.
  15. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Instead of all the useless stuff from the overseers and research assistants (potions and normal harvest mats I'm especially looking at you) how about something useful that you can accumulate (like tokens/currency) that you can get something you really need, like I don't know, maybe recipe books or red/blue runes. Something to actually work towards.
    Laita, Lateana and Sigrdrifa like this.
  16. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

It's mind-blowing (insulting) how common the infusers drop as rewards. I mean, have you looked at how deep the loot table is for..say.. a solo mission reward? There's maybe 88* things listed! There's regular gear (six pieces listed) ... infusers... overseer missions... overseers.. potions...familiar crate... familiars..

*i counted them... i could be wrong(ish) - but its a lot.

ugh.
    Kheldar, Lateana, Sigrdrifa and 6 others like this.
  17. Scalo Active Member

Infusers are much better than legenary/treasured items or useless fragments.
    You didnt expect to get the 195r weapon every 5 boxes, did you?
  18. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I like your hat, I think I have one like it... tin right? :D

Let me add a speculation.... since I alt a lot, I think that my alts have different chances of different loot... like I"ll be playing a scout and get mage stuff.... then switch to tank and get scout stuff... then switch to healer and get tank stuff.... I think they do this on purpose because it's funny. At least most of it is heirloom. I do laugh so I'm not mad about it.

But the RNG bad luck thing is really not a good thing. I don't think anyone would find it funny, if it's true.
  19. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I expect to have gotten the Empyral Infuser Recipe book by the time I've looted 200 Empyral Crates, which by this time, I have. That's what I expect.
    Kheldar, Argosunited, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  20. Almee Well-Known Member

I've noticed that the accounts that could really use the higher-tiered items get common drops while my lesser accounts get the high-tier stuff they can't use. For the most part, the rewards I've gotten haven't been great. I had a mythical overseer chest give me common mats which was hardly what I expected from a mythical crate. At the same time, I've gotten superior infusers from 1-hour overseer quests. None of it makes sense to me unless it is all RNG driven.

As others have said, there are ways to make the crates far more desirable and that would be to replace infusers, mats, and potions with coins that could be used to purchase items we could actually use instead of destroy or store in case the items becomes valuable later on. While I hate the proliferation of coins, in this game, this is one time when coins would make far more sense than useless mats, infusers, etc.
    Jaeded, Argosunited and Lateana like this.