Blue Stat Priorities

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Regolas, Jul 29, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

I recently had a look at my stats and noticed I was at nearly 300 attack speed when it caps at 200, so I've started reforging, which I've never bothered to do previously.
    So it got me thinking, what blue stats, bar the obvious ones (Multi Attack, Crit Chance, Crit Bonus, Potency, Attack Speed and DPS), are the most important to us?
    I'm looking at AE Auto Attack, Strikethrough, Accuracy, Flurry, Casting Speed, Reuse Speed and Ability Mod.
    It seems AE Auto, Strikethrough, Accuracy and Flurry has a 100% cap. Casting and Reuse Speed have a 50% cap, and ability mod varies depending on the ability and is also effected by potency.
    So far with heroic gear I'm on 55% AE auto, 14% strikethrough, 7.6% Accuracy, 36% Flurry, 28% Reuse and 35% Casting Speed.
    My Crit Chance is 338%, Crit Bonus 235%, Potency 197% and Ability Mod 792 with capped Attack Speed and DPS. I know it's important to keep upping my Crit Bonus and Potency and if I ever raid, I'd need a bit more Crit Chance.
    I'm thinking Flurry for single targets and AE auto for multi targets, but how important is accuracy and strikethrough and is it worth capping Reuse and Casting speed?
    I guess they're all kind of useful, but what's the priority to concentrate on?
  2. ARCHIVED-Pattywak Guest

So, first off Haste/AS only "caps" at 200 in terms of making you attack faster, after that it converts to Flurry, every 20 to 30 will give you 1 Flurry. So while you can move some haste around if you need DPS, MA, or other stats, don't try to get rid of it all just because it's over 200. AE Auto attack and Accuracy are good ones to move stats into as they don't come in huge amounts on gear. Just remember that Accuracy will only do so much once you have 650+ on your melee skills. Really, check your missed hits next time you do a zone and that will give you a good indicator of if you need more. Strikethrough is all but useless for scouts. 90+% of mobs can't avoid hits from behind (only brawlers can and those mobs are very very few and far between). If you get some, ok, but I wouldn't reforge into it. You should be behind the mob, not in front. For scouts who have long cast/reuse times, ie bards and rangers, then those stats are great to have. Just remember that 50% reduction in the timer only comes when you have 100% in the stat.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

Don't reforge into reuse, it will give you "spell reuse" not "ability reuse" so it's rather useless for a ranger.
  4. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

I saw people talk about reforging in ae auto a lot so I decided to try it. Before I have been putting it into attack speed for the conversion benefits of flurry and the left prestige line of atk speed into crit bonus.

I lost quite a bit of DPS reforging into ae auto instead of atk speed. So I went back to converting my stats (defensive and MA above 600) into attack speed. Works great for me. I do have some reforged into casting speed, but I was careful to only do enough where I would hit at least 80% in a raid setup.
  5. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

I had forgotten about atk to flurry and the prestige atk to cb. Better unreforge my ring then!
  6. ARCHIVED-tomsky Guest

600 MA > 200 Haste/DPS Mod > 100 AE Auto > More DPS/Haste

Can also boost your cast speed a little if you like, but not really a major game changer.
  7. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

I lost a lot of DPS doing that with AE auto. Before I was putting everything in haste for the prestige conversion. Switched back, even reforged some DPS stat into haste this time around and got even more damage out of it, working out great.
  8. ARCHIVED-Regolas Guest

Ok, I am keeping as much atk as possible while keeping dps at 200. MA will always be 600. Think I'll look to convert spare dps to AE if I can as I like constantly AEing.