Bloody Brass Shield the most defensive?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Twofeets, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Twofeets Active Member

I had read a thread where people said this was the best defensive shield in the game, but it has no mit on it. I swapped from my Devastation Strike shield which had 13.8% mit to the Shiney Brass shield and my mit dropped by 1000. Yes my block went up to 115%, but Ive always been under the assumpting Mit > block.

I havent had a chance to test the proc much either, but the description seems rather lackluster.

Any advice from those who have it would be appreciated (starting wonder if I should have gone with the weapon).
  2. guard Active Member

depends what your mit is at as ideally want both mit and uncontested
  3. Twofeets Active Member

Mit solo was about 27.3k, now its about 26.5k
    Block was about 100%, now its about 115%

But since I cant trade it in for the weapon, I guess Im stuck with it.

Hopefully the proc isnt useless.
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

From memory mit caps around 35k for current max level of mobs.

25k+ is fine for heroics in my experience.

You need over 200 block as a non brawler for the cap on uncontested, but it's also situational as some mobs ignore it. I think you'll be fine sacrificing the mit by taking that shield.
  5. Twofeets Active Member

Thanks, I know ill be 'ok' defensively, I just dont see how its an upgrade. In turn I think i'll lose a ton of DPS since I had a nice devastation strike shield.
  6. Arclite Well-Known Member

It is the best in terms of the block chance and protection value of any shield in ToT and GU100 i have seen. Unless Kraletus or weapon of war has a shield in the loot table which I don't think they do.

On my guard I hard cap uncontested block at 70% with this shield and the mitigation in raids is at around 34k, so not having mit on shield does not bother me personally.
  7. Thechurchofgixx Active Member

it works dam good on my zerker.. I put dps shield on I can see my health move in my group.. but bloody shield back on I dam near my health never moves past 99% and in act it seems to proc a lot.
  8. guard Active Member

as others have said your solo mit is more than high enought to not worry about losing some also you dont need to use blood shield permantly only when you need abit more survival i swap between that and the early advantage one from howling solo
  9. Twofeets Active Member

Ok thanks,

Guess ill use my devastation strike shield for AoE pulls on easy trash and swap to my brass for anything that hits hard.
    Azian likes this.