Block Chance

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Lungz, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Lungz Member

Not sure im understanding block correctly, looking for some help. What is the cap for contested and uncontested? When i equip my 2 weaps with 18% block on them, my display is only showing my block go up for one of the weapons. The other weap is adding zero block. So im thinking either im already capped (which i doubt cause my contested is only mid 90s) or display is showing wrong or my weapon is broke. any ideas?
  2. Silzin Active Member

I am going to have to make a few assumptions here. 1, you are probably a Brawler in Defensive Stance. 2 you are using 2 weapons with the Ability Block Chance on it.

First to answer your first question. the Cap for both Block chances is 70%. As a brawler your Block is first based on your Defensive stance and the Block from Aversion. all other Block you get modifies this base Block chance.

Next, the problem you are seeing. After Drunder HM was revamped they changed they way that +Block is on brawler weapons so we can not use more the 1 at a time, or at ;least not get benefit from more then 1. The Ability Block Chance that is on your weapons like on \aITEM 363753443 957117007 0 0 0:Claws of the Cursed Soul\/a functions like a proc, its like a proc, it will not stack with others of its same type. they did this as a Nurf to Brawlers since they put two 28+ Block weapons in HM drunder and they are the best weapons in game to use, but they stpoped then from dropping since they where to good.
  3. Lungz Member

yeah sorry, i wasnt very specific in the first post. both assumptions were correct, and that is one of the weapons im using.
    any suggestions on how i can raise my block then. should i stack adorns then since the weapons effects dont mesh?
    whats a good high end number to shoot for?
  4. Chronus Active Member

As a brawler you can really take it as offensive or defensive as you like depending on how bad or good your healers are. You could adorn block in shoulders red/yellow, make sure you get ear set bonus from PoW/Drunder HM, adorn block on your bp and weapon white slots and use a weapon with the block chance effect on to stack it as high as possible if your healers are really that bad in general and get close to 70% uncontested block.

But in general that isn't needed, adorn block on shoulders and get the set bonus sure but beyond that you don't have to do much besides maybe adorning block on a 1 or 2 white slots between gear upgrades that are out there.
  5. Silzin Active Member

I find even without adorning for Block i get around 50-52% block, and i get more survivability with adorning for Reuse.
  6. Chronus Active Member

Block itself hardly matters, look at uncontested block.
  7. Silzin Active Member

thats what i was talking about.
  8. Lungz Member

yeah im at 52 uncontested, thought the weap would cap it but guess not. still want to get it a little higher.
    thx guys
  9. Genghes Active Member

for a brawler if you get to 150~ block chance that should put you at 70% uncontested