Not A Bug Blessing of Paladin - TLE - STA Value Inflated due to Dec 1st 21 Live Change

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ecno, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Ecno Well-Known Member

Category: Mechanics
    SubCategory: Spells
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Summary: Blessing of the Paladin V - Scaled incorrectly for Tier
    Description: Blessing of the Paladin is scaled incorrectly for the tier and is giving Paladins an extremely high amount of Stamina which in turn is giving them extremely high amounts of HP.

This is due to the December 1st 2021 Patch for Live servers that Increased the base health increase of Blessing of the Paladin from 0.05 to 0.5

The Master version of the spell is giving 713 STAMINA.... or 6417 HP at level 80.

This is just insanely high and the spell was not like this before the Live change was made.

The biggest issue this causes is interfering with the iconic class roll of a Guardian being the best Main Tank on PVP server... In PVE content and PVP. Paladins are far exceeding Guardian HP and starting to overshadow them as the best tanks... the only reason Guardians still hold their own is because they have Stoneskins. Paladins should not be the best Main Tank in the game... they bring far too much utility to the game like their very good group heals, rez etc.

Please lower the value of the STA by 50-70%. At lvl 77 version of this spell (80 lvl cap) this would still grant a very hefty 2000 to 3000 HP which is still very big.

Thank you!

#MakeGuardiansGreatAgain
    Anib, Koppar, acoloss and 6 others like this.
  2. Ecno Well-Known Member

Twyla and Fireheals like this.
  3. Fireheals New Member

This class is already difficult to kill, but it is over kill when they get big stat bonuses like this.
  4. Maergoth Well-Known Member

How much more HP does the Pal have than the Guardian at that tier? And how much mit does the guardian have over the paladin, generally? Just curious, because on Varsoon it is not as imba as people seem to think.

Currently on Varsoon, if you have a guard AND a paladin, the Paladin has better survivability. But if you have to choose just one, the Guardian has better survivability, the exception being mobs that deal primarily arcane damage.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. hulu New Member

omg here we go with the whining about classes again , because other tanks suck so they find something so petty to complain about and knock them down , and even then they will suck and then what are they gonnna nag about , jesus ppl just play the frikin game , i mean complain about something that realy matters , skill makes the toon , no matter how man HP you have , how about complaining about the random crashes while zoning all the time , or mobs not spawning as they should in the Bloodline timeline on varsoon , i mean something that really matters
    stop being such babies jesus
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Ecno Well-Known Member

Youre in the wrong place this is for Tarinax PVP server.... whatever happens on Varsoon can stay on Varsoon. We have no interest as Red players in altering Varsoon.

The fact is Live changes impacted all TLE servers including Tarinax...
  7. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Right but your report doesn't specify which server, and any changes will affect both. There are plenty of changes that are hugely beneficial to guardians that also rolled over from live. See: Cross-raid threat transfers. Amends is a defining ability of Paladin that is virtually worthless now, since transfers from out-of-group are way more efficient (see: scout group swash)

"The biggest issue this causes is interfering with the iconic class roll of a Guardian being the best Main Tank."

This is false, as Guardian, Monk and Paladin have shifted between "best main tank" multiple times throughout the history of the game. I'd be interested to see some mitigation calculation, since over here, mit is pretty solid. The curve on Tarinax may make it garbage, idk. But you didn't post any of that. You posted about paladins having stamina on their self buff with little to no evidence of what makes that a problem. And Stoneskins will always be the strongest tank tool, by far, zero of which are obtainable by paladins.
    Twyla likes this.
  8. Ecno Well-Known Member

I appreciate the input but your server is a whole different ball game. We arent trying to look at a blue server to tune our red server... its just not an apples to apples comparison at all.

We are asking for a change on the PVP server only. Equally geared Raid Pally is sitting at nearly double the HP of a guardian (60kish in raid) and have similar mitigation. Yes Guardians have stoneskins which are there ONLY saving grace right now.

When you start talking about PVP though... Guardians cant compete at all with a tank that has nearly double the health, similar mitigation, extremely good heals and a rez. Pallies are unstoppable in PVP and theyre 100% overshadowing Guardians in many ways right now PVE side of things during RoK. Pally Myth is also extremely strong which will boost them further.

Some would say well just lower heals and thats great... definitely need that too but we also dont need 700 STA buff on a Pally at lvl 80 gaining . Its a live Change that Trickled down to TLE and on our server its causing major class disparity.

I will attempt to get MT Pally and Guardian numbers to compare or have them chime in... they are who prompted this.
    Twyla likes this.
  9. Maergoth Well-Known Member

That's fair, I'm just saying there are many changes that trickled over from live that benefit a guardian as well. If you want to tune PVP thats fine, but you're talking raid content and "main tanking", the changes for which would affect all servers.
    Twyla likes this.
  10. Unrivaled Member

I don't see how a paladin can handle stuff like nexona's harm touch or druushk's barrage of aoe's considering they don't have any stoneskins, and also don't have stuff like guardian sphere, or dragoon's. You also always want a guardian for raid wide HP, group stamina, and sentry watch.

I do think the HP values can be lowered by maybe 30-40% on TLE across the board at every tier as it seems a bit excessive at the moment with how high paladins are in general compared to other tanks.
  11. Ecno Well-Known Member

Changes can be made to Tarinax only that wouldnt effect other servers that is all I am asking for.
    Twyla likes this.
  12. Ratalthor Developer

Closing this thread as it is not a bug. Please share feedback in forum sections other than Bug Reports.