blade of venomous decapitation/weapons in general

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-scrible, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-scrible Guest

hi All

i just looted this blade and was wondering what people think about a zerker using it as it is a 6 sec delay on it.Will that case trouble with holding agro and is the delay to high to duel wield with it.If not what other weapons would you sugest ,ifact what weapons are now the holly grail for us outside of raid stuff.Would be great to hear what gear other people are looking for generally for that matter
    thanks for any help or advice
    scrib
  2. ARCHIVED-Zegon Guest

Dual-wielding 6.0 sec delay weapons let you spam combat arts will little chance of delaying your auto-attack (assuming you know when to stop), and give you a nice initial hit on your hate. However, some abilities (like Adrenaline Rush, Experienced Insight, and Blade Chime) won't trigger as much, since they're on a per-hit basis. Additionally, the time between hits is very noticeable on your hate meter if you have DPS that likes to stream out constant, high-hate, attacks. If forced to go with a shield, a 6-sec main-hand is ideal, IMO, but if you're dual-wielding a 4.0's better for a more steady stream of hate generation and damage. As for good weapons, I'm pretty sure Cella has a decent 4.0sec legendary, as does one of the vigilant zones. That axe you got complements a 6.0 delay raid weapon (such as the sublime axe or hairsplitter) very well. I don't know any decent 6.0 sec legendary 1-handers from the instances, so you might be out of luck in that department. If you're used to 3.0 delay weapons, like a lot of people, are, you're going to think the weapons are exceedingly slow to begin with.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rocc Guest

Most of my damage comes from autoattack because of proc gear. That and I'm boxing or grouped with a dirge almost constantly (additional procs). The faster those autoattacks hit (especially with AE autoattack myth buff) the higher your parse is going to be. In short, the highest damaging fastest weapon you can get is what you should be shopping for. Typically 3.0-4.0 is all thats available that has desent stats. If I could find a 1.6 that did 400+ damage I would be in heaven. In berserk I can pop off 3 CA's in between my autoattacks. But never delay the auto attack from proccing because thats a primary source of dps for us now.
    Unless the base damage was 15k or higher I would never use a 6.0 weapon. Even with a haste item and dirge buffs that WAY too slow.
    Edit: If you dont have access to raiding to get the rib seperator and other fabled weapons you may consider the mark merchant in moofield hamlet (in SB). He has a nice axe and nice sword that is prolly better than most group zone drops I've seen.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

most of your dps will be auto atk no matter what. our ca's are pretty much crap for damage