Black Bolt - Can't get past...

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by santargria, Nov 23, 2015.

1. santargria Well-Known Member

I'm a lvl 100 sk and fairly good gear (not raid quality however)

Black bolt kills me every time!

Someone told me to watch the colors - I'm sorry but there are no colors.

When I attack him, I can hit a few times then all goes black, I get thrown off the platform and within a few seconds I'm dead - and I have 1.5 mil hp that just tick tick tick away - how the heck is this possible!!!

I see no colors, I see no teleporter nothing!

Please help because I've done this now 6 times and I'm tired of it.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

He has some text about 'back off' or the like.. put your back against a pillar or something so he doesn't kick you off the platform.
    Then click on the triangle porter to join him. Remember the color, if he ports off the next platform, you need to use the portal of the same color.
    He's got an AoE that does more damage the further away from him you are, so if you get kicked off, you start taking massive damage.
  3. santargria Well-Known Member

I dont see a color the after the first portal :( that seems to be the problem
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

Update:

The 2nd port is always the color of the first!
  5. Derfel Active Member

I'm assuming you're in advanced solo (haven't got to heroic yet myself). When he emotes "stay away" or something to that effect, you need to have your back against something to stay in place through a knock back. He will port leaving a clickable triangle behind. Click the triangle to follow him, but take a note of what color it is. The next time he runs you'll have a myriad of triangles to select. Pick the same color as the one that got you there, it's all good. Pick the wrong one and you get splatted. Repeat as necessary.
    santargria likes this.
  6. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

So you now see the colours? You've got the encounter dialed in?
    santargria likes this.
  7. santargria Well-Known Member

Thx all - yes got it figured out now - everyone was telling me the portals are always different which was throwing me off.