Binding in the Dark Quest

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Ssin, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Ssin New Member

This quest starts by looting a shard dropped in heroic or raid zones, they may well drop elsewhere but if so I haven't seen them.

Keep in mind I play this game a lot; at present I have seen a total of 11 shards drop since the quest was introduced, 3 in raid and 8 in heroics. Of these I have only seen 3 different types.

When the quest was introduced I thought o.k. here's something that looks pretty good and to start working on as it might be quite useful in raids/upcoming events.

Like a lot of people I haven't even started this quest, never mind working on completing it. While I understand the quest will stay in game it appears to me that this is yet another time sink introduced to span the gap to the upcoming summer event. By the time I eventually complete this quest any reward will likely be outdated.

I don't believe anyone can get excited about a quest with poor drop rates which is backed up with constantly being shafted by the rng lottery system.

Unfortunately there is no reward for time invested in this game, if there was you would have a chance at getting a shard from completing a heroic/raid weekly or if the shards are going to be rare then why not make the reward group/raid wide?

If someone has had one of these shards from a solo then please post here as they must be incredibly rare but at least that would offer a little hope of at least getting this quest started.

Sadly, any excitement generated with the introduction of this quest is gone. If I eventually get a shard great, if I don't who cares.

Either improve the drop rate or make it so people can actually be rewarded for time invested i.e. put it in the weekly reward crates. Otherwise forget this quest and move on.
    Argosunited, Observing and barcevik like this.
  2. Rakk Active Member

Yeah, I've seen roughly the same amount, maybe a couple less, I have been lucky enough to start the quest but I somehow doubt I'll finish it for another 2 years with the current drop rate :(

And as a bit of a quest addict this saddens me :(
    Kittybock likes this.
  3. Adler Member

Why bother introducing a quest like this and then make it stupidly Rare? I do the solo's on a daily bases and not one drop only one from heroic which i purchased thinking it would kick in on the solo's. Guess another quest which will be deleted at the end of summer!
    Observing likes this.