Bill Trost is back at sony!!

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Mixxit, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Mixxit Active Member

My god that's like bringing back vhalen but 1000x more awesome!

2. Rezikai Member

3. Vultir Member

Interactive legendary NPC's: I think this is a good thing. It worked well in DCUO when fighting "bad guys" with Batman or Nightwing.

Emphasis on Lore. I take it they saw the success of this with SWTOR online.

I have no comment on the people , their personalities or their outlook.

This YT comment had an interesting note:

Something to think about.

Also I am not a big fan of GW2. So, that being said, I have high hopes for this game but I know better than to keep my expectations too high.
  4. Mixxit Active Member

but... bill trost... !!
  5. cellinaire Well-Known Member

well....did you even know that the whole development time for Planetside2 was less than 2 years thanks to Forgelight?
    (and no, I actually wanted Domino to be back badly I'm sure :p )
  6. Rezikai Member

Hmmm *rubs chin* I did not.. but I didn't play Planetside2 ... why? I played Planetside 1. After that empty server fest that it and EQoA (which btw never even got mentioned during the history of EQ montage at SoE live) became, I didn't have the want/desire to. However it's not so much a "time" needed. situation i brought up 3-4 yrs as a number b/c that amount encompasses more of the development cycle of EQN rather then less. In your example since it was less then 2 years for Planetside 2 it would have been comparable to say a dev who worked on Planetside 2 for only 4-5 months as a relative comparison.
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

Planetside2 is a first person shooter. It is a completely different beast from a MMO. Planetside2 doesn't have to worry about NPCs. It doesn't have to worry about pathing, scripting, drops or a wide variety of modeling that your average MMO does. Sure, it shares some of the same concerns but in a much smaller sense. Itemization in a game with hundreds of variations on 12 basic weapons is a lot simpler than the tens of thousands of different items that went into EQ2 at launch. Making sure every skin works with all eight models in PS2 is a lot easier than getting each suit of armor to work with 24 different races in EQ2. Never mind all the skins that get applied to those same suits of armor.
    PS2 is an ambitious project...for a FPS. MMOs have a lot more work done on them.
  8. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Did you just say "Success" and "SWTOR" in the same sentence?