Big Changes to Kael Drakkel!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Accendo Guest

[IMG]Your home for going anywhere and doing pretty much anything anytime you want.

We are super excited to launch significant changes to Kael Drakkel. When we launched the server, we envisioned creating an environment where players of all types could jump in, explore and adventure in Norrath, and enjoy EverQuest II either solo or in a group without all the efforts it takes to get to end-game content compared to Live and TLE servers. And now we are turning the benefits and advantages up to 11!

Starting today, Kael Drakkel will now have the following:
    • From now until April 25, 2023:
      • Anyone can play on Kael Drakkel. No subscription required until April 26!
      • New Jumpa-Lope pet just by logging into Kael Drakkel!
    • Permanent changes to the server:
      • New server-wide buff for all characters. A permanent buff that will strengthen and instantly cures curses for your characters so you can take on more content.
      • Awesome new exclusive Green Adornment that can be earned by completing daily missions and then taken back to TLE and Live servers. Once earned on Kael Drakkel, you can then purchase it for your other characters on other servers.
      • Earn Kael Drakkel armor appearances that will be usable on all characters on all servers.
      • Earn new housing items that will be usable on all other servers.
    We want Kael Drakkel to be your home away from home, especially when you just want to enjoy the game without all the pressure and extra time required. Think of Kael Drakkel as “plug and play”—get in and have immediate fun. Whether you make the server your home or a place to go when you just want some quick entertainment, all are welcome! For more information about Kael Drakkel, check out the announcement article here, and the launch article here.

Join us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.
    Feara and Buggabug like this.
  2. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

So how does one get there?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Character creation screen ... choose lore and legend.
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Ok thanks. I have one open slot left on the Euro side.
  5. Duffy Active Member

There were house items mentioned, where can we find them? :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Carynn like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the Euro side has it's own count, KD is on the US count, so if you have one spot open on the Euro side, it does not mean you have one on the American side.
    But if you never played on the American side all the slots on Thurgadin are available here too.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Siren like this.
  7. Feara Well-Known Member

Thurgadin Docks. Zone in via globe, up the first main ramp and to the left.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We need some specifics about what one must do to earn the rewards being touted, such as the green adorn, appearance gear, and the kangaroo-a-lope.
  9. Nunja Well-Known Member

When you log in there will be a quest something Hunter....,like the daily objective . Go do 3 zones and quest is done. Rinse repeat 8 times then you get the adorn. As you are getting loot you will also get appearance crates that flag your acct. Buy them at Ronald in GD on the docks on left side.
  10. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info!

Rolled a couple toons this AM. This sounds like fun!! :cool:

Think I'll create a Guild there too, if any friendly folks need a home.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Feara and Siren like this.
  11. Traesta Member

For the Kangaroo-a-lope just log in to Kael server during this time and go find Ronald Gleneed in either Qeynos or Freeport. The Kang-a-lope is standing next to him, right click on it and then collect (bottom option).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Carynn like this.
  12. Carynn Well-Known Member

I agree that we need more specifics. People are saying go to Roland G. but how is it marked with the new things? What are the new house items? How do we find the "usuable on all servers" items? Why is the announcement so vague?
  13. Carynn Well-Known Member

Found the merchant. You want to go on live server to QHarbor on the docks themselves by the horse merchant (don't know where in FP, use a guard and ask for Ronald) . You can see what little house items there are to purchase on the live server from clearing "all eight Legend Hunter missions" (three zones each plus their pre-reqs to enter if any) to get the achievement on KD (listed under Achievements > Quests. It's called Legend Hunting: Spirit of Drakkel). There are ten house items and appear to be reskins. Also, after you make a character on KD you'll get a "Lope License", go back to live and right click on the jumpalope next to Ronald on live and you get it as a fluff pet.
  14. Sevenwinds New Member

From a past Kaladim player, no thanks. You took away the inheritance merchants and we're not able to select the rewards from the quests we completed on Kaladim. I'm not up to completing quests here for you take away the rewards later on.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

this is only an event , that lasts till the 26th of April, so yes I belief that merchant too will go the way of the dinosaurs,
    just like all those merchants for the preludes, eventually.

For a fun experience, Poke the Jumpy pet Ronald :D .
    During the event everybody on KD gets a buff that allows you to clear some raid zones solo, so when I went into the icy keep with a group I had to run hard to keep up with the others running through, one shouting named mobs left and right.( that is only a slight exaggeration)

I am upset too that they took out the inheritance merchants, Sevenwinds. :(:mad:

What do people on KD earn money with, what do they sell on the broker ?
  16. Taled Well-Known Member

It might *eventually*, but not on the 26th.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Taled, the event ends on the 26th not the benefits, at least not right away, but just because it says permanent , does not mean the merchant will be here for ever, like Kaladin, that inheritance merchant was supposed to be permanent too.
    the PvP event server merchant is still here.
    But the inheritance merchant most likely was taken out because making new equipment for each level just became to cumbersome.
  18. Duffy Active Member

Thanks! I am playing on TLE, so Thurgadin is not yet an option. Apprecitate the response, though :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feara like this.
  19. Arandar Well-Known Member

Based on what they've said, the only thing that's temporary is the ability to access the server without a membership (and the ability to get the fluff pet). Everything else, including the "Druzzil's Favor" buff, is a permanent feature of the server. I'm sure at some point the merchant will be removed, but with the inheritance merchants, they left those up for years before retiring them.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

They retired the inheritance merchant wile the last TLE server was still up that had the rule set to earn the items on the inheritance merchants, in any case that will not stop me from doing those hunter missions on KD.
    There is an awesome adorn that is well worth the effort, and you can earn those housing items and appearance gear too.
    the merchant for KD can also be found on Varsoon , Duffy.
    thank you for the information Arander about the buff.
    The housing items for Varsoon can be found on the merchants in Qeynos and Freeport.