[Beta] Dev´s, please activate test copy protocol on thurgadin.

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Ingerimm, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Please activate test copy protocol on thurgadin.

Thx
    Ingerimm of Valor
  2. Caith Developer

There is no, and will never be, a Test copy function. Test is a live server environment.
  3. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

There was a funny that this has been forgotten! Once before ...

The command was /test copy

Where is if the mass of players does not satisfy the the preconditions of access to the sense of a test. Very funny.

The test server was formerly the small form of a Beta Server for smaller updates, no live Server. I play EverQuest 2, since the beginning of time, may be the because a change has eluded me over the years.

Previously there was also the Servers "test" and "test copy" not only "public test"
  4. Caith Developer

It's not forgotten, and the legacy command was testcopy add, which only copied characters to a testcopy server, which is now called Beta, not the test server. There is no command that will copy a character to the test server now, and there will not be one added in the future. Test is a live environment.
    Finora likes this.
  5. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Ok, this is probably so, so there is no beta for new content, only an early visit to the players on the live server "public test"?

Was not announced an open beta for the new content for the 04/04/2016?
  6. Zlith Member

Beta was closed for GU100, they invited previous testers to test the content and didn't have an open Beta this time. Now it is also on Test, though you have to play on that server to really be able to Test the content for GU100 as most if not all is for 100s.
  7. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

The new content is only for level 100!

This makes little sense it then to look for people who do not then the dungeon maker bug, their chars have pulled up to max, I do not think there are many who have real hyped a char on the test at level one hundredth.

I have just a look inside, no level 100 online, a total of only 5 people out and well the highest level 90. Very useful was the action so the more I can not say it.
  8. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

You believe but not really anyone's char on the test slides for 25 euro and then for 25 euros back to the real server? So an idea is sorry ridiculous.
  9. Caith Developer

The test server is a server for the dedicated and hard working test community to test content on before it hits live servers. Polluting that server with copied characters/items/etc would destroy the testing environment that is there. What you are looking for is a beta, and the GU 100 beta was not open to the public.
  10. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Let this, we see indeed in 2 weeks what you have dovetailed again for a crap.

An influential it we had anyway never had in 12 years.
  11. Ratitz Active Member

You aren't making much sense, friend.
    Finora likes this.
  12. Ratitz Active Member

You said there would never be a copy to test. Is there a way for people who would like to test to quickly access the level required to test the content, like the beta buff package from ToT beta? a boost to 100 with solo gear would be a reasonable thing to add, in my opinion. That way more people can test it, but it would not ruin the environment.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Nope. Test server has always had only standard leveling.
    When there is a beta server, we are allowed to copy to it and/or use buffers to get toons leveled to the intended level for the content.
    Spindle likes this.
  14. Ratitz Active Member

bummer.
  15. Kuulei Well-Known Member

There is a slight bonus on Public Test, an ever-present 50% experience buff. This allows those interested in creating a character there a slight increase. It really is not much considering Public Test is its own realm, so there is no veteran bonus that would assist with leveling unless your character(s) are currently leveled to 100 on PUBLIC TEST and you create additional character(s) to utilize a veteran bonus.
  16. Therein Active Member

Test is a live environment with no real high end players. Makes that much more sense every time I read it.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have a couple of tiny characters on Test. I need to get one to max level.
  18. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Hate to say, but the fastest way is to heroic a character and then get it to 100:rolleyes:
    I have characters on Test that have been there since the server opened in Dec 2004. To date I have managed a warden to 100 and several crafters to 100 since there is like NO broker to peak of (that is nothing to buy most of the time)