Beta Changes

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Priority, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Priority Well-Known Member

How do you expect us to test changes when simply standing in Haven and toggling a buff OFF causes 15s of total lag? I really hope these aren't the server optimizations you're putting on the live servers. If they are, please don't update anything.
  2. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

What is the name of the character that is having the problem? I just hopped on beta and it seems to be fine. And which buff?
  3. Priority Well-Known Member

Expectedx Assassin's Flurry. Just trying to toggle the buff on and off to see the difference in base damage for spells. Using default UI, 1 hotbar open, standing in Haven. Kinda screwy. But Beta has been laggy on every character I've tried to copy over.
  4. Cian4ik Member

I tested
    Scouts
    Level 91+ Scout offensive stances will now increase the base damage of all scout spells.

---
    naked character
    Heroic armor and jewelery
    500 and 300 bonus critical baseline
    Update leads to increase of about 7-8% on combat arts
    This does not affect how DPS Scouts of combat arts
    ---
    If you want to make a trend that would depend on the combat arts overall DPS
    they need to increase in several times, instead of 7-8%
  5. Cian4ik Member

And I can offer you the option to enter a double-cast
    by analogy the double spell
    You can combine it with such a flurry attack? for exp
    When you add a cap double attack spell, you are very much increased dps of mages
    Why scouts not to do so?
    How does it work in the past year have you found the guardian
  6. Priority Well-Known Member

I like what you're saying, but I think our autoattack dps needs to drop drastically. Call me crazy, but I only want about 10% of my damage from auto.

I want to see a parse where casting order is what makes you a great assassin. And i say you generally. Not calling anybody out here.

10% autoattack
    10-15% group/raid procs
    Remainder made up of CAs. We shouldnt require a perfect group setup to be competitive. Especially since you can just stack mages and they get better because of it. Scout and Mage groups are antiquated. Let us control our dps. The jewelry dps procs and other garbage mechanics that are all luck based should be gone.
    Cian4ik likes this.
  7. Cian4ik Member

I agree with you, DPS from combat arts should be 70-80%
    if the developers will be able to make competitive abilities
    they can safely Nerf auto attacks
    But this requires a very significant increase in combat arts and their effectiveness
  8. Priority Well-Known Member

I would love to see that. Separate the mediocre players from the great by more than 5 million. Just because you got some great weapons shouldn't put you in the realm of somebody that understands their class, can spec it, reforge it, and play it. I dont know why we got to where we are, but let's put some skill back in this game.
  9. Priority Well-Known Member

Also, not saying I'm great. I pretty much suck at an assassin. But I gotta have somebodies parse to look at with buttons that matter to see what I'm doing;)
  10. Maevianiu Well-Known Member

I cannot get this to happen. Does it happen every time you click that buff on and off? Or was it a one off thing? Also, the logs show that Haven has been running clean all day. The only thing that made it even break a sweat was when your client requested recipe information. Do you get connection issues to beta? Like getting kicked to character select for no reason, or your client is just behind your guildies (he sees the monster dead, but your client is still fighting it).
  11. Priority Well-Known Member

It happens every time I click the buff. I'm unable to move for more than 1s in any direction and it's truly 10s of lag every time I click the button. The client just completely stops responding. I cant think of why it would be requesting recipes as I never opened the crafting screen
  12. Darkon Well-Known Member

You're logged into an Assassin. It thinks you must be a crafter.
  13. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I think a decimal point was misplaced, i'm not seeing even a full 1% increase in CA damage from my offensive stance, more like 0.8%
  14. Darkon Well-Known Member

Neiloch it's because you're a ranger. It's only 10% as effective due to 85% of your dps being afkautobow/proc.
  15. Neiloch Well-Known Member

For the record its about 50% lol

The 'Strike of consistency' isn't even changing in damage.

Also I suggest the description of this boost be more descriptive for us math nuts.
  16. Darkon Well-Known Member

Lol I know it was a joke. What is 'Strike of Consistency'? Why does it exist? Is it going live? What is it's purpose?

Also, what is your quest and favorite colour?
  17. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Seems to be a damage ability put in for testing purposes, it has no damage spread and hits for low damage.
  18. Priority Well-Known Member

I have since deleted that character, recopied my character to Beta. It is now in Skyshrine. I am still invisible, I can see nothing but the little huts and some small plants. When I press F1 to target myself, the targeting arrow and foot area highlight shows up, but I am still missing. There are no NPCs. I am sitting at a consistant 1 FPS while on live I easily manage 60 FPS in a busy environment while on Balanced settings. I am on Extreme Performance on beta.
  19. Priority Well-Known Member

Also, I can't cast evac or call to home.
  20. Priority Well-Known Member

lmao, Call to home JUST cast as I was trying to /camp desktop