Best Way to Farm Far Seas Trading Company Tokens?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by ColorsFade, Jan 13, 2015.

1. ColorsFade Active Member

So, it's 90 tokens for a blank rune. I'm trying to figure out the best way to accumulate these tokens. I can't seem to find any quest that offers more than one token at a time (two if you're a member, which I am.)

Is there a fairly efficient way to go about farming these?

Recently, I wanted to make some appearance armor from SF xpac. I had to farm almost 500 Mark of Manaar to do it. I actually enjoyed that process because enough Marks were given out per-zone to make it feel worthwhile. There was always a Daily & Weekly for Sentinal's Fate, and then each zone had a repeatable Mark quest. In addition, each zone has the chest (long as you find the key mob), and the named at the end always dropped a couple Marks. So, for a single SF zone, you could get 5 Marks (2 for quest, 1 for chest, 2 for named), which would turn into 10 Marks for members. That fell like progress.

So far, all I'm seeing for Far Seas Trading Company Tokens is single token quests. I've done the intro crafting timeline quests, and am now working on the SF crafting timeline quests. But when those are gone...

I figure I'm missing something. Some sort of hourly quest, or some way to farm the tokens. Because I check on the broker and some people have posted like 7 Blank Runes. Okay, so that's 7 x 90 Tokens = 630 tokens. How the heck does anyone get 630 tokens when the quests only give out one at a time? I could see someone acquiring that sort of wealth of tokens if the rush order writs gave out tokens, but they don't.

Thanks for the help and suggestions..
  2. Foretold Well-Known Member

The weekly crafting quest for AoM offers 15 tokens, and dailies offer 5. If you are diligent with your dailies and do the weekly, that's 50 tokens a week. If you're an all access member, that's 100 tokens a week.

Multiply that by the army of crafters that many people have (I know people with 15+ crafters) and you see where they get all those tokens.
    Mermut, Deveryn and Azian like this.
  3. ColorsFade Active Member

4. Foretold Well-Known Member

Skrit, the little rat on the first island in Tranquil Sea, offers the daily. Quartermaster Robbins, near Highhold in Phantom Sea, offers the weekly.

You have to have completed the AoM Tradeskill timeline to be offered the quests, but the timeline also provides a fair amount of tokens and XP, so it's all win.
    Azian likes this.