Best time to beginn on Kaladim

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Schmetterling, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Any of those people who were wondering about joining a TLE server , either returning players , or those tired of how complicated the regular servers have become .
    Now is your time to come on over to Kaladim .:cool:
    Right now leveling up a character is easy and fast , thanks to the Hero Festival and the Clothwork Puppets .
    So come on over , jump right in and join our vibrant community ,and help us crash the server . o_O:p;)
    Siren, Breanna and Kotter like this.
  2. PetMyLlama New Member

Hey there, Butterfly. I started nosing around the eq2 forums today thinking about dipping my toes in the water again. Its been... years(?) since I played EQ2. I don't know what I want to play but if memory serves, everyone says play SK lol
    Siren likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

That all depends on what you like to play , good old thing to day anyway .
    The thing is , Kaladim is full of SKs ( they are just that good ) .
    Tanks no matter what kind are always sought after for groups , if you want to get into raiding make a guardian or a monk .
    But don't ask me I like to play healers and mages .
    Just come on over a TLE server is good for people who have not been playing for a long time .
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  4. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Or for people who cant afford to purchase all the stats on live :/

How does the heroic content feel on Kaladim now? Itemization and difficulty tunement?
    Siren likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the devs continually straggle to fix things they had a lot on their plate this last months but they release expansions ,
    and than try to fix what people complain about .
    We had some pretty crazy stats I tell you like a bow that thought it was a charm and the shard jewelry was all mixed up .
    We got this new purple adorn , instead of asset bonus for items you now get a set bonus for the adorns for associated with said set . You can remove the adorns and ad them to different items .
    I don't think Itemization will ever be perfect , and sometimes the tenement is a little of , but things are being fixed faster than on Stormhold and or Deathtoll .
    if anything it seams it is a little harder ( sometimes the trash mob is harder to kill than the named )
    I think you get the idea , it's a TLE server and if you don't mind getting spell skills on tank gear or hate gain on cloth gear ,
    this TLE is the best so far .
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Smashey Well-Known Member

I would recommend to not spend a lot of hours on kaladim if you are just returning to the game. Most likely you only get to see TSO mid content and SF and half of DoV content before the next TLE server is opening.

Just wait for the next TLE honestly.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

if he waits till next year to come into any TLE server than he might as well just stick it out on a regular server .
    We don't think that we get a new TLE server for another 8 months at least and PetMyLlama want's to play now .
  8. Poopoo Member

Next TLE is likely 8-12 months away still.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  9. Frostfang Member

What is this based off of?
  10. Venser Active Member

Expansion. Each TLE had a new announcement of the next TLE mid SF-early DoV
  11. Smashey Well-Known Member

History of TLE servers. No TLE server made it past DoV release and only 1 actually unlocked DoV content. Lots of speculationbs as to why, one of the major ones is that they cant balance the content because it was the expansion that launched with crit mitigation.
  12. Frostfang Member

Well if DoV is basically gonna be when the server dies, even Darkpaw wouldn't be stupid enough to not make a new TLE for 12 months...
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

Stormhold was launched in July 2015 and died when Fallen Gate launched.

Fallen Gate was launched in June 2017 and died when Kaladim launched.

Kaladim launched in March 2019.

If the pattern holds, then Kaladim will be replaced sometime in mid-2021.
    Siren, Schmetterling, Carynn and 2 others like this.
  14. SealGunman New Member

I was really looking forward to starting on this server, and I still plan to once the launcher starts working again! I haven't played EQ2 religiously since the late 2000s, so the main servers are too dramatic and bloated for my tastes.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

do it SealGunman it will be good as long as the server lasts , and than we just do it again .
  16. Arandar Well-Known Member

Once you get over the changes to the economy (where having a few thousand plat means you're dirt poor), "dramatic and bloated" really doesn't mean much if you're actually taking the time to level up a character.

The people who get overwhelmed are the people who jump in, boost to 100 or 110 (or now 120), get a gear crate and a knowledge book full of abilities they have no idea how to use. Players who have been away for a long time need to just start over, from level 1, and re-learn the game from the ground up. You can still get a bit of the nostalgia hit from playing on the live servers as long as you don't do things that effectively powerlevel yourself (e.g.: running agnostics over and over).

That said, if you want to try the TLE server then jump in and look around. I wouldn't worry too much about what's going to happen with the next server; it's going to happen one way or the other anyway. So just enjoy it for what it has to offer now.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  17. Ustas Member

Hi guys,

I appologize for silly question but can’t find any official information.
    I didn’t play EQ2 since 2004 or so... Just found there is TLE server and decided to recover my memories :)
    What is current expansion installed on Kaladim?
    Is there any schedule for upcoming updates?
    I’ve found many articles on Reddit, etc., but all of them rather projection than real information.
    Although, I might not notice something, will appreciate if you can pointed me out of some official article/announcment.
  18. Skarltar Member

We are currently in The Shadow Odyssey which has a lvl 80 cap. If you are starting from scratch I recommend taking your time and having fun. Low level grouping might be low however i found that there are plenty of players that are up for low level content if you start a group and start advertising. I also recommend sending people a tell in the level range and asking if they are up for joining you.
    I think Sentinel's Fate is coming mid to late January as far as I know. So you have some time to catch up! :)
  19. Tasselhauf New Member

Been PC gaming for 27 years and Everquest 2 was the absolute best community experience i ever had back on the butcherblock server in 2005, ive been itching to come back and give it a whirl again but terrified my fond memories of the game will be ruined . Will the TLE in the current state be any semblance of those days?
    adaria likes this.
  20. Venser Active Member

No