Best solo Class in RoK, kaladim

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Halixa, May 30, 2020.

1. Halixa New Member

Hey guys kind of new to eq2, been playing a couple weeks and I know the rok expansion is about to come out. Was wondering what the best class would be for solo play, dungeon crawling, and named killing, along with a profitable tradeskill path. Any advice would help as I've only been playing this game for 2 weeks. Thank you.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

I've always like Pally's for solo. There are a few tradeskill's you could pick. Woodworker they make totems and ammo people always needs. Alcy' they make potions and poisons. And Prov for food.
  3. Chasun New Member

Brawlers will be best for name killing. FD flopping to names means you are in and out quick time. Most stuff sees invis now - disadvantage to summoners.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

Except for the summoner who also has FD ;)
  5. Halixa New Member

I was caught between SK,Monk,Bruiser,Necro and Warden. Can anyone explain their capabilities when it comes to soloing dungeons/named and the pros and cons of each please.
  6. Bleed Member

don't play is good advice.
  7. Momo Well-Known Member

Does someone maybe have an answer to this? Its something I also thought about a lot and would be really interested in opinions from more experienced players. (The answer for me personally was easier to find, as I am absolutely incapable of tanking a group, half of the choices were out. Getting the toon PL'ed was never an option.)

Thanks for any insights!
  8. Malvolio Member

Momo I believe the others covered it, Bruiser is a solid solo choice and the ability to run to your named target and feign death to drop agro on the trash is a solid solo feature.

Necro and SK are better soloers if you don't mind wading through to your destination. SKs lost a lot compared to live due to not being essentially immortal as long as they have power (AA was nerfed on kaladim).

The issue with focusing on a strong soloer just for easier leveling as everyone else did the same thing. There are 315 Lvl 70 Necros on Kaladim with 100 AA, 330 SKS compare those numbers to 65 Bruisers, 100 Paladins, and 160 Monks just for examples. You can check population numbers here

In the past month I leveled an Illusionist to 70 and i'm almost 40 with a Mystic. I did not pay for any PL (no cash due to fresh to server) but did benefit on occasion from some others being mentored. The double exp helped but leveling in a non OP solo class is very possible. That being said if your goal is not for heavy grouping and solo focus then the above choices will serve you well.

On the tradeskill question this server has an interesting economy compared to when these expansions went live. Since it is populated by a different demographic of die hard fans there are a great deal of maxed crafters out there and crafting is not as profitable as it used to be. I also got to 70 Sage on that illusionist in the past month and I was surprised at the keystone spell prices on the broker, I used to be able to count on quick sells and good profit of the OP abilities for each class but so far profit has been minimal.
    Momo likes this.