Best server to start out new?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Dontee, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Dontee New Member

I am looking to start EQ2 fresh, what would a good server be? Hopefully with some opportunity to group at lower levels.

I was looking at AB since RP servers oftern seem to have a more mature player base. It is also a high population server. I am hoping to group as I level up.

If anyone is in the same boat, and looking for someone to play with please PM me here. I am EST, pretty casual as far as playtime (few hours a night, few days a week).

TIA
    Raeven likes this.
  2. Jeorge Member

AB is probably the best option, though since the EQN reveal most of the servers seem to have decent population, albeit it mostly lowbies. (Freaking DLW has no fewer than 50 people at any given time here on AB) But that's actually good, because not all of them are looking for the PL thing, so grouping will be less of a rarity than it has been while you level.
  3. LordGTheSillyNamedDude New Member

I recently started playing again and checked out a couple different servers (starting over to re-learn the game, and my oldest characters were missing when I re-subbed). I liked AB better than Freeport and played both for about 40 hours each. Starting areas in both servers had people, with Halas having more than DLW on both servers. YMMV but that was my experience. AB seems to have really decent grouping going on up through lvls 1 through 30. No experience beyond that. Both servers have guilds that are actively recruiting either with direct tells or shouts.
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to what was said etc? I missed that in the EQN coverage I have been going through.
  5. flameweaver Well-Known Member

6. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

7. Raeven Well-Known Member

I don't know about populations on various servers, but I do know that starting fresh nowadays is hard. Having a helpful guild makes it easier and more fun. My guild Eagle Empire welcomes recruits on the Permafrost server, we do some low level raids, there are members who like to group, and we keep our guildies updated with armor, food, drink, etc.

Perhaps the best option would be to experiment, put an alt on various servers and see which you like best.
  8. TechUp Active Member

It's more of an observation rather than a stated fact from SOE.

I was playing with an alt wizard (Cignant) on Freeport over the weekend and noticed that DLW was busier than usual. A "/who" showed that there were 36 people in zone and almost all of them were at the appropriate level for the zone. In the past I would find maybe 10 or 15 people out there, so yes I have noticed an uptick in players since EQNext was announced. It may die down after the initial buzz wears off, but it is refreshing to see new (and old) players coming into the game.
  9. Neolight New Member

Just rolled on AB and have witnessed more than a few new players running around as I level. Haven't quite gotten a group together yet though.
  10. Leloes Well-Known Member

What is a good server to solo on?
  11. Mimixx(2) Member

AB, Freeport and Butcherblocks seems to have the highest number at some times. If you are a healer you might even find a group easily.