Best Race for min/max Beastlord

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Halixa, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Halixa New Member

What is the best race for a min/max beastlord?
    I was thinking either Vah Shir or Trueblood
  2. Paragonvii Active Member

Hey there! I have a (I thought it was freeblood!:)) Beastlord. Yas, a few years ago I thought it would be SUPER DUPER cool to have a freeblood BL and that's what I did. On my server (Antonia Bayle), there is no longer any benefit to using the freeblood race, it is appearance only. All the perks with this race now seem to be completely disabled on my server. It may be different on a level lock server, though (I dont know, sorry). I have heard Vah Shir at least comes with a merc perk which may be nice. Also, I think they look cool lol. I suggest do what you like and have fun :)
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

What do you mean? The innate abilities are:
    • Reveal Inner Self - lets the character change from attractive to demonic in appearance.
    • Shadow Walk - Teleports caster to target when not in combat
    • Infravision - Shows a heat glow from all living creatures (screen darkens lights and creatures glow)
    • Frightening Speed - +5% Out-of-Combat movement speed.
    The racial traditions aren't as important at higher levels, but they are still there and they still work.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Paragonvii Active Member

Okay so mine says "premium race abilities have been disabled on this sever" when put my mouse over shadow walk (it's first line) in the char development menu/ freeblood. I am on Antonia Bayle.

Infravision does work, I just tested it ;) I believe I tested that before, I just didn't find a benefit for it really to use it often ect.

Have you found good uses for shadow walk and does frightening speed work? does yours also says premium race abilities disabled? Would be interested to know and thank you!!!!!!
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Weird. I've never noticed that before. I see it on my freeblood too, but all of those abilities work, so not sure if it's something wrong with the tool tip or something else.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Paragonvii Active Member

DUDE!! :) So this is GOOD NEWS to me mate hahaaa. So even though it says "premium race abilities disabled blah blah blah" even on the cast tab, I just tested it. I had my son log into his account, and shadow walk WORKED. From what I can tell, its like call of tinkerer, you need to be in the same zone~ it brings you to another group member (at least that's how I did it and it worked, its got a 6 hr recast so I cant try again). That's not game changing for me, but hey its something!!! That probably means that 5% out of combat speed works also. Very cool to know, thank you!!!
    Breanna and Dude like this.