Best poison...?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Koufax-Drysdale, Jan 31, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Koufax-Drysdale Guest

What's the best poison for a Ranger? I can't find anything up to date on it.
  2. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

caustic poison for damage. It parses better than all the others, small as it is.
  3. ARCHIVED-Raz_wolf Guest

poisons are so broke atm that its honestly not even worth using them. The only reason anyone does is because we like to min/max everything. But overall no matter what poison you use, you wont see more than 2% dps out of them.
  4. ARCHIVED-Xaiveir Guest

Raz_wolf wrote:
    Yep, pretty much. They really do need to address poisons.

To the OP, Caustic is by far the best choice.
  5. ARCHIVED-Toball Tokor Guest

I have found the best DPS to be caustic for my Ranger and Hemotoxin for my Assassin. The AA's do make a difference. But as stated it is simply for min/max, using poisons make more than a 2% difference for me but not by much.
  6. ARCHIVED-erinn Guest

Leveling Ranger here, level 78 currently. Mostly solo, sometimes (rarely) group. With all this talk about how broke poisons are, is it even worth spending AA's to enhance them? There's a lot of points spent to get to Conservation in the Ranger tree, and the stuff in the Predator INT tree. I'm wondering if the points would be spend better elsewhere...
    FYI, I currently have around 137 AA points.
  7. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

I've respecced out of the poison line as much as I can (still put some points in there as I had to spend them somewhere)
    Not noticed any difference in DPS, although I do get through the poison much quicker.
    I have just over 1,000 vials of the caustic left so I'll just burn through them and think about if I bother making any more once I get there.
    The only still useful poison really is the fettering ones used when soloing.