Best off hand weapon.

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Henge42, May 18, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Currently I have my Myth and Lifespike, Stiletto of Ruin but I'm wondering if I should replace it with the meat cleaver or razor sharp sabre.

What do people think. My current self buffed melee crit is 93% and double attack 37%.

\aITEM 1528599996 -1970000655:Meat Cleaver of the Ethernaut Chef\/a - TSO signature reward
    \aITEM 1668633775 984575039:[Razor Sharp Saber]\/a - Thet-em-aua, Tomb of Mad Crusader
    \aITEM 1602165095 -952995788:[Lifespike, Stiletto of Ruin]\/a - Malevolence & Ire, Shard of Hate (RoK)
  2. ARCHIVED-Kidou Guest

I'd go with the saber personally. More double attack, and a slightly higher proc rate on it.
    You've got a ton of crit already, I don't think you'd get that much benefit from the crit on the cleaver.
  3. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Yeah, the sabre is fractionally better but I'm not sure the upgrade is worth the cost with our raids loot system. Especially since I still need the boot and hands for the tier 4 set from the mobs we currently kill.

Thanks for the reply though.

Any one else got any comments.
  4. ARCHIVED-Arthireon Guest

Lifespike will outparse both of those options.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kanlei Guest

If you look at the top end on the cleaver it is much higher then both the sabre and life spike. So basically if your crit is that high along with items or equpiment with crit bonus, you are going to hit much harder with the cleaver.

Edit for poor spelling(not enough coffee).
  6. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Well, I've already passed up the opportunity of the Cleaver, not sure if that was a good or bad move ??
  7. ARCHIVED-BaronVonPitviper Guest

All three weapons are very close in all honesty. the parse you see would go cleaver, lifespike, saber.
    But imo only a min/maxer would lose sleep over the parse difference. I have the saber because it was the first one our guild got so it has a bit of sentimental value, plus i did need some more DA.
    as far as drops i consider would be a decent dps increase from those 3, would be that field general's dagger. I'd cry if my guild could kill him and i never got the dagger. there are like 2 or 3 avatar drops at xanadu that rock, but i'll never see those.
    if you chose a different tso sig reward, i don't think you have anything to worry about matey.

/cheers
  8. ARCHIVED-Kanlei Guest

You won't notice a "huge" difference in not having the cleaver, but if you did have it you would notice the increase. If all else /petition and see if you can not change your reward, I'm guessing you went with the bow maybe? Either way it's not game breaking to have it over the sabre or lifespike, but if you feel the need to have the extra damage then see if you can petition the reward change.
  9. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Actually I picked the cloak, although I don't wear that at the moment.
    Maybe I will petition as you say and try the cleaver out.
    Decisions, decisions, decisions.