Best Merc w/o VoV Special Editions?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Mypnodroga, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Mypnodroga New Member

HI there,

Returning player here. Still working on sorting out everything to try to get up to speed and wondered what the best mercenary is currently that could be obtained without the special editions of VoV.

Should I be trying for a dropped Merc from VoV missions? Someone from the last expansion?

Any advice appreciated!
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Forlorn Harbringer. Can drop in any VoV mission crates, including the crates from the merchant. It's equal in quality to the best in the premium edition.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

Can also be traded and sold on broker so keep an eye out
  4. Mypnodroga New Member

Thanks for the replies!
  5. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

I recommend the healer merc from RoS Captain Kalael Kel'Avar which can be bought off the broker and hired in Echo Caverns near the shroom guys, doesnt have the vov stats but heals and cures great while soloing. Only way to get a VoV healer merc is super rare no trade drop from vov mission crates or the Premium package.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  6. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

An excellent choice for a pre-VoV merc. Sdaly, the current price is in the upper 6 digit range.

Any other way to acquire the token besides the uber rare Overseer quests?
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

do RoS missions for a chance at Captain i guess
    Hartsmith likes this.
  8. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

RoS Mission crates (dailys, solo zone, heroics and such) but is super rare to drop. What server you on?
    Oor of Umbra (BoL Aurelian Coast need flying to get to or have some summon you) would be the next best options for healer merc and should be cheap on broker.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  9. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Skyfire. Even Oor is 6 digits. Not as much but still... :(
  10. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

If ya were on halls of fate I could help ya out :(. Maybe someone as nice as me could help with the funds for one of those mercs on skyfire?

Best way to make millions right now is gathering for VoV rares and selling on broker.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  11. Mowse Well-Known Member

My warden has my favorite merc . . . Nevanon from rogues gallery… a corercer … my warden doesn’t need a tank merc as this merc provides good power feed.
    Pixistik likes this.
  12. Cheesenabber Active Member

My SK used Zel'Kriaz (sp? undead snake lady from BoL) until I decided to switch to premium for the buff. Healed/cured well enought, but she was trained. I used VoV chest gear on her unless decent merc gear dropped.
  13. cbirdrunr Member

What's the best if you have the VoV expansion?